•  
Advertise here

Tesla Model S on Fire

Gaurav

This one is the craziest one as Tesla caught fire while parked and not hitting anything like in previous explosions.

Watch till the end with fullscreen, with smoke coming for a long time before the fire explosion.

tesla on fire.JPG

tesla on fire2.JPG

• Sad (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Ouch.... That was a pretty big blast. I've heard many stories about super-cars and high-end luxury vehicles catching fire, but those were not battery driven cars. I am sure Tesla will investigate this matter seriously,

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I don't know 🤔, we are talking about china, this could have been staged by one of the chinese competitors. Let's wait and see what Tesla's investigation comes back with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

2 hours ago, Javier M said:

I don't know 🤔, we are talking about china, this could have been staged by one of the chinese competitors. Let's wait and see what Tesla's investigation comes back with. 

True that. Its definitely something done intentionally with ulterior motives. 

72fe253.png.eecee7332be14eaa7a4efec1bc80b7bd.png

• WOW (+2) 1

IMO it’s only news because it’s a Tesla and Tesla is one of the big buzzwords at the minute. I had a Volkswagen that spontaneously burnt itself to the ground because of an electrical fault but that wasn’t on the news. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

IMO it’s only news because it’s a Tesla and Tesla is one of the big buzzwords at the minute. I had a Volkswagen that spontaneously burnt itself to the ground because of an electrical fault but that wasn’t on the news. 

I couldn't agree more of Tesla being a buzz word but honestly it's still surprises me how can a parked car catch fire......?

Everyone talking about supercar and hypercar catching fire but that's due to extreme pushing or accident like even in desert toys when pushed to max they burst into a flames. Fully understandable. 

How many times anyone here witnessed a parked car catching a fire....?

This reminds me of of note 7 battery or hooverboard exploding issue.

It does happen. I’ve seen it a few times but it’s not an every day thing. My car went on fire because of a faulty ignition switch. Shorted out, dropped some hot plastic on the floor and the whole thing burnt. I’ve seen other cars burn because of small oil and fuel leaks. Little bit drops on a hot part of the engine, smoulders and ignites. It doesn’t take much to start a fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

Now that's the case of shady workmanship or sub standard or non rated parts. Nothing to do with car. Even my Pajero was about to go up in flames as aux fan switch shorted because it was installed without a fuse with a bad quality Chinese switch, but this all failed when I was driving.

Who wired your car to leave live ignition switch when car was turned off.....?

• Like (+1) 1