•  
Advertise here

Upper Control Arms for FJ/Fortuner etc Lift

Drift1

Hi Guys, I need to get some upper control arms for my 3 inch lift on my 2008 Fortuner, Its a pretty common arm,  same as fitted on 2007-15 FJ and also, Tacoma and Hilux.  I wanted to get a decent one such as a totalChaos, Camburg or something along those lines with a Uni Ball instead of the rubber boot. Has anyone seen anything like this in shops around town, or do i need to order in.. they retail for about $725USD in the states, so not cheap, but usually in this town it means 1120USD ++++++ 

Any advice welcome 

Cheers

James 

• Like (+1) 1

I have few friends who have used Total Chaos and swear by it, it's really a rally grade stuff. You can get them from Mebar auto or TORC, both are in al quoz.

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Here you go, you can call them and they can order them for you if they are not in stock.

https://www.ramyautomotive.com/toyota-fj-cruiser-07-17-upper-control-arms.html

http://theoffroadcompany.com/Total-Chaos-2007-FJ-Cruiser-Prado-Uniball-Upper-Control-Arm/242

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 3

Thanks guys, I have emailed Torc as they didnt pick up the phone and Whatsapped Mebar..  I note that Ramy is approx 1050USD. inc vat,  ok so in USA they are 725USD , So If i allowed 100USD shipping and call it 50VAT , they are still having a bit of a laugh if they are infact a "dealer"  , Somewhere in Area of 870USD in should be what i would call the Dubai price 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Most of the shops here call themselves dealers but they just take advantage of the prices they get as distributors to get more profit margin. TORC is usually more expensive than the others, you should call them they sometimes will not reply to emails. Most of the time I prefer to buy my things in the US and just ship them to the UAE. 

• Like (+1) 1

Almost 90% of my race Honda I build was shipped in, But as I only really require 1x item, I think i might need to suck the extra cost for convenience. I will see what they say .. As i small business owner, i understand the cost of running a company.. but in this town it always seems to be retail + 50% mark up 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

If you’re fitting any suspension parts when the car is on a lift, make sure the mechanic leaves the bolts loose and only tightens them when the car has all 4 wheels on the ground. 

This means your bushings etc will be unstressed. If the bolts are tightened when the car is in the air, when the wheels touch the ground, the rubber parts will be under stress and will wear out faster. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use