•  
Advertise here

What mods you hate and love in cars?

Javier M

It got me thinking what is the consensus in this community about cars' modifications.  What mods do you hate and love seeing in cars? (could be yours or others')

For me, I hate seeing the angry eyes in jeeps.

And I love that chameleon paint like the one below 

• Like (+1) 2

@Javier M I am not big on mods and always prefer my car in as much stock condition as possible. However I don't hate mods and do like some tastefully done mods which enhance to look or performance of the car. I hate the over the board Fatwa mods with lights everywhere, excessive stickers, and stick on chrome that just looks shining ugly. Thanks for starting such an interesting thread, would like to see what everybodies preferences are.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Effective audio setup is what i look for. Decent speakers,sub-woofer and amp will definitely keep me entertained. Exterior wise i like to upgrade the rims(no change in size) to deep dish alloys or concave ones apart from this i prefer my car has to be in stock condition. Chrome everywhere and shoddy modifications such as weird body kits a big no no for me.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I am more of a function over form guy and doesn’t like to to too many mods to a car because you lose the money twice, you spend it, and in most cases your resale value drops more if not done properly.

a good audio setup is indeed a must for me for a daily driver.

I prefer to spend my cash on proper maintenance and upkeep of the car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Got nothing but hate for blacked out rims specially matt black among the long list of other "mods" I hate. But blacked out wheels and rims top the list.

Ones I like are subtle mods which add to the form and function of the vehicle, rather than screaming hey look at me I'm an attention whore.

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I love modifying stuff, it’s my job. But one thing that I hate is stupidly stretched tyres and massive negative camber. I modify stuff to make it go faster or look better. If you do stuff like this for fake internet points,

1A688500-7B7D-466A-B209-E343B83A5396.jpeg.5703545c768d8b4e740bd3deed8e1cac.jpeg

youre a twat  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

I love modifying stuff, it’s my job. But one thing that I hate is stupidly stretched tyres and massive negative camber. I modify stuff to make it go faster or look better. If you do stuff like this for fake internet points,

1A688500-7B7D-466A-B209-E343B83A5396.jpeg.5703545c768d8b4e740bd3deed8e1cac.jpeg

youre a twat  

It's a Japanese thing man, like everything Japanese even their car culture is weird. Like Bozosouko Cars and those truck all lit up and chromed out.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, desertdude said:

It's a Japanese thing man, like everything Japanese even their car culture is weird. Like Bozosouko Cars and those truck all lit up and chromed out.

BosoZuku style is cool. I respect the guys who live that lifestyle. But when some white or brown guy breaks his suspension and bursts his tyres to try to pretend to be one of them and act cool, nah, that’s all wrong. This is one of the times where it’s appropriate to claim “cultural appropriation”. Next thing they’ll be growing dreadlocks and singing bob Marley songs. 

Make your own style people. 

• Haha (+1) 1