•  
Advertise here

Pajero SWB or LWB

I was checking for any decent vehicle for off-roading purpose. Among the shortlisted options i have narrowed down to pathfinder or Pajero. Both seems to be good in terms of reliability and maintenance. I did not come across any decent PF 2002-2005 but came across few Pajero LWB. My personal choice was PF 2005 followed by SWB pajero. It is hard to find both in the budget of 10K. How about Pajero LWB for pure offroading let say 80% offroading and 20% of family outing or daily drive. i came across few LWB in 8-10K range with odo reading around 250K.

• Like (+1) 2

If you are looking at a car dedictaed for offroading between the LWB and SWB, I would choose the SWB with a 3.5 or 3.8 engine. Else keep the search up for a 3.5 Pathfinder.

I think there was recently a post in the Carnity classified for a PF.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, syedyaseer said:

2005-2007. I dont mind any yeas. Do let me know if i need to avoid any particular model in case. 

Its better to go for a 3.8 SWB 2006 Gen 3 because it has less computers compared to Gen 4.

3.8 has a diff lock and a lot of torque.

• Like (+1) 4

Due to gearing issues with Pajero pre 2014 models, I would recommend any model after 2014. SWB your 20% family outing goes out of the window, only good for off-road and daily commuter. But if you are going to invest so much, better to keep an eye on the Xterra as well. I recently saw one from a first owner for AED 18k.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

The ground clearance of the pajero is a big disadvantage, although 3.8 and diff lock sounds appealing 🤔  I would go for a PF or Xterra

6 minutes ago, Fuad said:

3.8 has a diff lock and a lot of torque.

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1

2 minutes ago, Javier M said:

The ground clearance of the pajero is a big disadvantage, although 3.8 and diff lock sounds appealing 🤔  I would go for a PF or Xterra

Funny a Jeep guy promoting a PF and Xterra.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Due to gearing issues with Pajero pre 2014 models, I would recommend any model after 2014. SWB your 20% family outing goes out of the window, only good for off-road and daily commuter. But if you are going to invest so much, better to keep an eye on the Xterra as well. I recently saw one from a first owner for AED 18k.

Gen 4 have a lot of computers and sensors restricting from roaring up. 😭😭😭

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

5 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Funny a Jeep guy promoting a Pajero.

I like cars regardless of the brand, not much of a fan of the big Pajero though but I like the one @Gaurav drives, its small and light. 

5 minutes ago, Fuad said:

Gen 4 have a lot of computers and sensors restricting from roaring up. 😭😭😭

I am sure there are shops that know how to fix that 🤔 Pajeros are very common here so I can imagine a fix for that

Edited by Javier M
  • Like (+1) 2