•  
Advertise here

Orange transmission light flashing

Hi there,

I just noticed an orange transmission light flashing on the dashboard this morning, of a 2010 3.5 lwb Pajero.

I tried the 4 wheel selection but the lights are not changing on the dashboard, no response from the car and also there's no light display from the 2wd selection either. It seems to be driving fine, the only sounds I notice is a liquid gushing sound, if I stop suddenly or change in to reverse

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this failure?

• Like (+1) 1

Is that the central diff lock light or transmission A/T warning light.....?

If it's A/T warning light, PLEASE DONT DRIVE and put it on recovery and let professional mechanic diagnose and change gear oil and filter first and see if that light goes away. Please explain if it's A/T light then we can advise you further.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

13 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I think the A/T light is red in color. Since he mentioned orange color and blinking I presumed it was the difflock light

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Srikumar said:

I think the A/T light is red in color. Since he mentioned orange color and blinking I presumed it was the difflock light

I agree, but still, I'm super scared of gear oil misbehaviour.

I guessed it same with orange and blinking, but just like to make sure that OP understand the difference

• Like (+1) 2

At the beginning, I didn't know exactly what the light was but after reading the thread, it looks like the same issue. 

It's parked up now for a few hours, so I'll check everything that people have recommended before I drive it again.

Keep coming with the advice though, it's very much appreciated.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If it's A/T warning light, PLEASE DONT DRIVE and put it on recovery and let professional mechanic diagnose and change gear oil and filter first and see if that light goes away. Please explain if it's A/T light then we can advise you further.

@Gaurav perfect.

i am a victim for transmission heating and i lost it. 😔

• Sad (0) 1

5 minutes ago, Fuad said:

@Gaurav perfect.

i am a victim for transmission heating and i lost it. 😔

Well A/T light is never good and you should never drive when A/T light is ON.

Well, you were lucky that you just lost the transmission that can be rebuilt or replaced, but in some extreme cases it can heat up to an extent to blow off a hose and car catching fire from underneath. Impossible to tackle that fire unless you have fire extinguisher pointing at the base of a burst hose - extremely difficult to trace while the car is catching fire.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1