•  
Advertise here

Suspension lift kit or lift with a spacer?

I need a two inch lift for my pajero and tuied up between using a height spacer or change the suspension? I read heap of articles and already very confused on which way to go. Spacers are cheap but at same time I dont want to damage any underbody but also i dont want to spend too much for full suspension change when spacer can give that little lift. please help guys

• Like (+1) 1

Don't Jeros get Camber issues with lifts being IFS on all 4 corners. I've seen one after lift here and looked bow legged i.e bottom of the wheels pointing inwards while the top facing outwards. Looked really odd 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

19 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

For a Pajero I have seen a few who kept the stock suspension and got some good brand of 2" spacers. @Fuad @WiLfY please advise.

I will always prefer the complete suspension kit change which is expensive but only needed when you are an regular off roader as the reach for offroad suspension is good compared to the stock.

Spacers doesn't feels good for me as we are adding another extra piece to your suspension( Coils ), But not the shocks,thus extending the suspension reach,compression. Best option is to save up and buy suspension.

@WiLfY you can explain it the best way as you have upgraded your suspensions to dobinson.

Automechanica is on June. You will definitely have some offers on offroad items.😉

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Well in my case offroad is not much, but loading car with 7 pax and camping gear really push and sag the suspension so much that on road side sand sometime i hit the bumper, especially those wavvy sand, I cross very slow.

• Like (+1) 1

Stock Pajero has decent ground clearance. If you don't want to spend on suspension, you can up size your tyre when you replace them and trim your front bumper which will be more than enough for camping trips. I had attached the picture of modified bumper and i liked the job done on this pajero.

paj.jpg

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

17 minutes ago, Asif Hussain said:

Stock Pajero has decent ground clearance. If you don't want to spend on suspension, you can up size your tyre when you replace them and trim your front bumper which will be more than enough for camping trips. I had attached the picture of modified bumper and i liked the job done on this pajero.

paj.jpg

This car is lifted (dobinson) i know the owner. 

Bumper trimming 😍 perfect angle

• Like (+1) 3

Hey Derick, 

Go for a full suspension system, and I'll tell you why. 

1. Spacers will lift the body of the vehicle and not provide an actual increase in ground clearance (You are basically high centering the car and raising the center of gravity which is bad for cresting with no added benefit)  (Refer to the pics below). A suspension lift is what allows for that ground clearance increase as you are lifting the car from suspension up. 

2. Spend the extra cash and you will get a suspension which gives your performance! Fast paced rides on the sand will be smoother and the car on the road will have less body roll and a better driving style.

3. As far as Camber goes, don't worry.. A re allignment will settle that back to normal :D

- I myself am waiting to get the suspension lift done for my 3.8 SWB, Planning on going with the MRR Dobinsons (Expensive but I intend to keep the car for long + its fully tunable so with time I can get the car suited for my driving style.) Reservoirs will provide you with good cooling in the shocks so they don't fade! 

You will always get what you pay for! 😆

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 12.31.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 12.31.30 AM.png

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Derick, 

Go for a full suspension system, and I'll tell you why. 

1. Spacers will lift the body of the vehicle and not provide an actual increase in ground clearance (You are basically high centering the car and raising the center of gravity which is bad for cresting with no added benefit)  (Refer to the pics below). A suspension lift is what allows for that ground clearance increase as you are lifting the car from suspension up. 

2. Spend the extra cash and you will get a suspension which gives your performance! Fast paced rides on the sand will be smoother and the car on the road will have less body roll and a better driving style.

3. As far as Camber goes, don't worry.. A re allignment will settle that back to normal :D

- I myself am waiting to get the suspension lift done for my 3.8 SWB, Planning on going with the MRR Dobinsons (Expensive but I intend to keep the car for long + its fully tunable so with time I can get the car suited for my driving style.) Reservoirs will provide you with good cooling in the shocks so they don't fade! 

You will always get what you pay for! 😆

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 12.31.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 12.31.30 AM.png

Dobinson MRR excellent choice. 😍

• Thanks (+1) 1