•  
Advertise here

Pajero AC stopped cooling

Hello All

Ive noticed that the AC on my Pajero has stopped cooling and is also making a whistling noise. 

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong and if there is a simple fix? If not, can anyone recommend an AC technician in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks

Lewis

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LewisCocks90 said:

Hello All

Ive noticed that the AC on my Pajero has stopped cooling and is also making a whistling noise. 

Can anybody suggest what might be wrong and if there is a simple fix? If not, can anyone recommend an AC technician in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks

Lewis

Is there any blinking on this light (fan Speed Button) ?

17A893AF-B242-45EB-8A7E-36466CF30785.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Emmanuel said:

Could it be AC filters ? I changed those 2 weeks ago in my Xterra and it was like if I got a new AC. Now it’s almost freezing in there. 

Usually pajeros doesn't have an Ac filter unless we have installed one. But may be @LewisCocks90 you can have a check for it.

• Like (+1) 2

Expansion valves some times goes cucu and whistles or could be low refrigerant best would be to hook a manifold gauge at peak heat time like 10 to 1 at afternoon and get the reading's and post it here so someone can help...

• Like (+1) 2

I took it to the garage and had the AC inspected and re gassed. They couldnt find a leak in the engine and after the regassing it now works again. However there is a chance it could have been leaking from the motor under the dashboard, but i opted not to have that check due to the labor charge. If the AC goes again within the next few days then the leak must be coming from under dashboard.

After i picked up the car, the lights did start to blink for a bit where @Fuadmentioned. but have stopped. @Fuad can you explain what this could mean?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LewisCocks90 said:

I took it to the garage and had the AC inspected and re gassed. They couldnt find a leak in the engine and after the regassing it now works again. However there is a chance it could have been leaking from the motor under the dashboard, but i opted not to have that check due to the labor charge. If the AC goes again within the next few days then the leak must be coming from under dashboard.

After i picked up the car, the lights did start to blink for a bit where @Fuadmentioned. but have stopped. @Fuad can you explain what this could mean?

Yep that was what i want to know. 

In pajeros usually the lights starts blinking when the AC gas is very low ( So that we dont want to be panic about it) Get it filled and you are ok.

Please do the check if it blinks again and that means you are having a leak . Just get it checked thoroughly for leak as summer is approaching.

Thanks for the update @LewisCocks90

• Like (+1) 1