•  
Advertise here

Wheels for a stance trike

Rocket43

Hey guys, My name is Romit and I'm a student in 11th grade. My friend and I are looking into building something fun this summer as a project and we decided on building a stanced trike (see pictures). We've got just about everything we need and we're trying to keep this low budget (which is why we didn't use a pitbike motor or an electric motor for it) and we're looking for a place we can find a pair of matching rims and tires. The rims should be in a moderate and usable condition and the tires can be bald for all we care. If anyone knows a place we can get this or even a junkyard that we could look into that'd be great.

Thanks

2.jpg

cambertrike.jpg

2aaa08eaff4d52861a7ea4ea09c22e1c.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Rocket43 said:

Hey guys, My name is Romit and I'm a student in 11th grade. My friend and I are looking into building something fun this summer as a project and we decided on building a stanced trike (see pictures). We've got just about everything we need and we're trying to keep this low budget (which is why we didn't use a pitbike motor or an electric motor for it) and we're looking for a place we can find a pair of matching rims and tires. The rims should be in a moderate and usable condition and the tires can be bald for all we care. If anyone knows a place we can get this or even a junkyard that we could look into that'd be great.

Thanks

2.jpg

cambertrike.jpg

2aaa08eaff4d52861a7ea4ea09c22e1c.jpg

Yooooo this looks sick!

Rims:

Rim you'll find a variety of the steelies (2nd pic) and in the first pic, the style of rims are called "deep dish".  The steelies shouldn't be too expensive , your best bet would be to go to Sharjah/Ajman/Mussafah - Abu Dhabi for the cheapest (Just google Sharjah Rims) there will be a ton. The deep dish rims will be a bit more expensive as they have a high demand here (for all the patrols and LC's). ** Make sure whatever Rims you buy the Wheel Hub Assembly (Bolt Pattern Matches) also known as PCD. I don't know about scrap yards as I haven't ever purchased from them. 

Tyres:

These i'm sure you'll get for cheap just go around looking for expired DOT tyres (2015 and before) each peice shouldn't be more than 50 - 60 bucks. Hope this helps!

Make sure you get some speakers and BLAST Tokyo Drift while you ride it 😂 #stancenation

Cheers, 

Jas

Edited by Jas Gajaria
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Yooooo this looks sick!

Rims:

Rim you'll find a variety of the steelies (2nd pic) and in the first pic, the style of rims are called "deep dish".  The steelies shouldn't be too expensive , your best bet would be to go to Sharjah/Ajman/Mussafah - Abu Dhabi for the cheapest (Just google Sharjah Rims) there will be a ton. The deep dish rims will be a bit more expensive as they have a high demand here (for all the patrols and LC's). ** Make sure whatever Rims you buy the Wheel Hub Assembly (Bolt Pattern Matches) also known as PCD. I don't know about scrap yards as I haven't ever purchased from them. 

Tyres:

These i'm sure you'll get for cheap just go around looking for expired DOT tyres (2015 and before) each peice shouldn't be more than 50 - 60 bucks. Hope this helps!

Make sure you get some speakers and BLAST Tokyo Drift while you ride it 😂 #stancenation

Cheers, 

Jas

Thanks for the help, Ill definetly look into the steelies and the tires.

Romit

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

You can get tons of used tires and rim for dirt cheap in Sharjah tire market after the Sahara mall and just before the BMW road Sharjah.

Although I'm no expert in such matter, using common sense to go with lightest tires and rims so that pedal pushing won't take much toll as you aren't opting for an electric motor. 

Do share your final project pics and video, as it really looks a nice fun project. Good luck.

This is the starting point: https://goo.gl/maps/C5EFh2fC8epx2sZk8

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I’d build something like this instead, all you need is a crashed motorbike. Cheap and loads more fun than posing for internet points

What’s your budget? Weller do some cool wide steel wheels. 

If you want some deep dish steels, it’s pretty easy to split them, weld a band in the middle and put them back together again. I guess you have welding and fabrication skills because you’re doing this project. 

701F30DC-DB8D-4814-8284-0BEAF5D74EE9.jpeg.3c9417c9e3ba82c05ffc4e0c4405a254.jpeg0E4A9254-2063-49A9-9887-3E9C19F1A656.jpeg.5d6050f6ed69be918a09d7775bb1f022.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/4/2019 at 8:08 PM, Barry said:

I’d build something like this instead, all you need is a crashed motorbike. Cheap and loads more fun than posing for internet points

What’s your budget? Weller do some cool wide steel wheels. 

If you want some deep dish steels, it’s pretty easy to split them, weld a band in the middle and put them back together again. I guess you have welding and fabrication skills because you’re doing this project. 

701F30DC-DB8D-4814-8284-0BEAF5D74EE9.jpeg.3c9417c9e3ba82c05ffc4e0c4405a254.jpeg0E4A9254-2063-49A9-9887-3E9C19F1A656.jpeg.5d6050f6ed69be918a09d7775bb1f022.jpeg

Our plan was to originally make a drift trike but we found using a Go Kart rear axle and wheels was too expensive for our budget. Then we looked into using an Ebike conversion kit for the front wheel and using caster wheels for the rear end but the battery ended up being exorbitantly expensive so then we decided to make something simple like the Stance trike. 

Important Information

Terms of use