•  
Advertise here

Noise detecting radar issuing 2000 dhs fine

Gaurav

Don't rev hard if you see these radars in Sharjah, as if your car makes more than 95 decibels sound these radar will issue a fine of 2000 dhs and 12 black points.

Pretty good initiative to kill the noise pollution. Nice way to deter hooliganism on public roads.

AR-190509774.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=1

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

My brother was caught last night passing Sharjah in his Lumina SS. He was driving as quietly as possible, no revving a police car came out of no where and stopped him. 6 months confestification. Not fair, not revving the engine just driving at low revs. Just because his car is modified.

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 4

10 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

My brother was caught last night passing Sharjah in his Lumina SS. He was driving as quietly as possible, no revving a police car came out of no where and stopped him. 6 months confestification. Not fair, not revving the engine just driving at low revs. Just because his car is modified.

What was the offense mentioned? Modified car or noise or both?

P.S : Karam still has that SS?

• Like (+1) 1

Yes, he has kept it in mint condition and kept on modifying it. Offense is noise, but when he told the cop he was not revving and driving quietly the cop said it was modified and to leave the car at the station.

41 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Yes, he has kept it in mint condition and kept on modifying it. Offense is noise, but when he told the cop he was not revving and driving quietly the cop said it was modified and to leave the car at the station.

He got stopped for noise and then got done for modifications! Just bad luck I guess. Buddy of mine was stopped also late night in Sharjah and got done in for not wearing a seatbelt even though he was wearing one, but took it off to go out to show his papers. Leaving him with no proof that he was wearing one.

So moral of the story. Don't drive late night in Sharjah. 

• Like (+1) 3

Crazy, my brother has installed a valve when closed there is no noise, the cop stopped him because of the mods. He even spoke to the captain at the police station but he was even worse and no right response. Just leave your car and go.

• Sad (0) 3