•  

Newbie Fewbie First Ramadan Suhoor drive - 9 May 2019

Rahimdad

Time flies. It seems just a few drives back we were doing Ramadan night drives and its once again that time of the year again. So I am pleased to post the first night Suhoor drive for 2019. Plan is to have an easy relaxed newbie night drive from Tawi Nizwa to Pink rock area or Bidayer if everyone manages well. It's a perfect drive for newbies and fewbies to learn in the best terrain that gradually transforms and offers plenty of opportunities to learn and play. In the end, we will settle down in a good spot to have Suhoor before the dawn and return to tarmac before the sunrise.

When: 9 May 2019, Thursday
Meeting time: 11:00 PM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 11:15 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome except for Absolute Newbies.
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy until about 3 AM, settle down have Suhoor and exit by 6 AM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, Suhoor meal, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6 AM

Please RSVP on below calendar

• Like (+1) 3

• Gaurav changed the title to Newbie Fewbie First Ramadan Suhoor drive - 9 May 2019
1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Time flies. It seems just a few drives back we were doing Ramadan night drives and its once again that time of the year again. So I am pleased to post the first night Suhoor drive for 2019. Plan is to have an easy relaxed newbie night drive from Tawi Nizwa to Pink rock area or Bidayer if everyone manages well. It's a perfect drive for newbies and fewbies to learn in the best terrain that gradually transforms and offers plenty of opportunities to learn and play. In the end, we will settle down in a good spot to have Suhoor before the dawn and return to tarmac before the sunrise.

When: 9 May 2019, Thursday
Meeting time: 11:00 PM,
 the convoy will move sharply at 11:15 PM
Where: Tawi Nizwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/yYkFvPBzW3U2

Level of drive: Newbie - Fewbie - All are welcome
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
Plan: Drive, train and enjoy until about 3 AM, settle down have Suhoor and exit by 6 AM
What to bring along: Loads of snacks, Suhoor meal, plenty of water - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 6 AM

Please RSVP on below calendar

Will miss it. Flying back home for few days. 😔

• Like (+1) 3

I would love to join. I was just wondering about 2 things though. First, suhoor is at about 4am so i assume thats when the drive would end right? So not sure why finish time is 6am. Secondly, i havent fixed any offroad lights on my car yet. Is that ok as i assume visibility might be limited with stock lights.

• Like (+1) 2

@Shamil rightly we will try to end the drive between 3 - 3:30 AM. By the time we finish Suhoor and Fair prayers by 4:30 AM and than we could just have a little rest or drive depending on everyone's choice and depart. However you can leave after 4:30 AM if you like, we will be close to the road.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi all, quick question, i don't have any off-road light on my car wondering is it something which is require for the trip. Also i haven't been apart of this group off-roading before, i don't have a major amount of experience off roading with groups, i have done a little amount before on my own, is this an issue to join you guys? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Shamil said:

Secondly, i havent fixed any offroad lights on my car yet. Is that ok as i assume visibility might be limited w

Off-road lights are recommended. Since you will be following other car, stock light with high beam is more than enough.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use