•  
Advertise here

Pajero 3.8 Unichip Tune

Hey Guys, 

Time has come that I miss the power that I had with my Toyota 4.0. Planning to tune my 3.8 SWB with a Unichip. Does anybody have any good places/recommendations where to get it done? Looking to Get the Unichip Q4 and have it with 3 Maps. 

Cheers, 
Jas

• Like (+1) 1

Last I research a few years back and stall this idea after knowing that Unichip does a lot of magic with other cars, but not with Pajero as it interferes a lot and lot of complication may arise.

With the change in time, they might be supporting Pajero now, so have you checked with Unichip official site if they are offering any Pajero specific Unichip.....?

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Last I research a few years back and stall this idea after knowing that Unichip does a lot of magic with other cars, but not with Pajero as it interferes a lot and lot of complication may arise.

With the change in time, they might be supporting Pajero now, so have you checked with Unichip official site if they are offering any Pajero specific Unichip.....?

I'll check it out more then, I know a few guys in Oman who have made their Gen 3 Pajero's into complete beasts and all recommended me the Unichip. Thanks, Gaurav! 

If I get it done I'll make sure I try to gather all the details so if anybody else here wants to they can! 

Cheers, 

Jas

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Guys, 

Time has come that I miss the power that I had with my Toyota 4.0. Planning to tune my 3.8 SWB with a Unichip. Does anybody have any good places/recommendations where to get it done? Looking to Get the Unichip Q4 and have it with 3 Maps. 

Cheers, 
Jas

Best decision, Unichip does magic to your pajero . With 3.8 you can have a gain of 25-35 Hp which makes a lot of difference. I have driven a 3.8 pajero and felt the difference. 

Buying and fixing a Unichip doesnt make any difference . Tune it with professionals and you can feel the difference. With Q4 its usually for vehicles with lot of sensors.

Authorised professionals tuning is Moca.check with them the compatibility about Q4. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Jas Gajaria said:

Hey Hossein, I can't understand that xD so 2800 is the Q4 + Tuning?

This  is Ramadhan offer, yes I think so AED 2800 for chip and program and installation, better you call them, this is the same company based in Oman

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I recall that as per my last research to harness real power gain of Unichip you need to upgrade the spark plugs, coils and HT lead. That's where MSD came in the picture and this duo of Unichip + MSD Ignition does wonder for many 4x4 but not in Pajero case.

If anyone has done this power mod in Pajero, please share your experience.

My personal advise @Jas Gajaria don't jump into it based hearsay unless you see 1 Pajero with Unichip running for at least 6 months without busting the engine or causing any complications. All power mods are relatively short life and that's why car manufacturer tune engines on conservative hp and torque figures. You push this number higher, lesser the engine life becomes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.