•  
Advertise here

Pajero 3.8 Unichip Tune

from what i remembered in the past, chip-tuning gives you improvement over the rpm range, but not so much on the top range (+4000 rpm) but i could be wrong.

I've always been very reluctant to do chip-tuning on a car that has +80,000 km on the clock. There are so many variables that come into play when going offroad. The extreme temperatures and behavior of engine and transmission are calculated with enough margin by the manufacturer. Playing around with these settings might work fine on-road, but could give very bad results offroad. 

On the 3.8 SWB i think the car is more than powerful enough to get you through extreme terrain. I would spend that cash on minor upgrades (cold air intake, exhaust, iridium plugs) or other things that will slightly bump the performance without messing with the OEM ECU settings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

In my opinion the gearing is a bigger issue in the automatic Pajero than power. With the Omani Hack if you can sort out holding the lower gears at higher revs that is going to improve the performance.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

In my opinion the gearing is a bigger issue in the automatic Pajero than power. With the Omani Hack if you can sort out holding the lower gears at higher revs that is going to improve the performance.

But that with issue for 2008- 2011 Pajeros i hope. 2012 and after its holding the gears doesn't shift while climbing. 

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

yes you are right, but with omani hack its sort out when you active that but there is D light on the dashboard and other light start blinking but gear not shift even on 6*1000 rpm , people they using but i can't recommend it 

USER GUIDE - Pajero Gen 4 Gear Hold (Omani Gear Hack).pdf

Edited by hossein
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks @hossein for sharing the user guide of Pajero omani hack as suggested by many Pajero owners.

By reading this hack, for sure I wouldn't recommend or advise anyone as it says that you should always drive on LLC means a LO gear, which itself is a kicker for any car if you plan to use it for next few years. 

Secondly, this trick the transmission to be in limp mode and that's not actually you want when offroading. So pretty disappointed to know how it's done.

@Asif Hussain thank god you didn't opt for Pajero thinking that this Omani hack will cure the issue.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Interesting read, thanks @hossein !

They indeed "recommend" to drive in 4LLC but it's not really necessary so it seems. But putting the transmission into limp mode could also mean that it might disable other critical functions which we don't know about.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I have been checked with some Pajero owner friends who used this chip for more than 1 year, all of them was happy and there is no issue on the engine and lot of more hp on road and off road, but anyone wants to install is on their responsibility 🏁:)

• Like (+1) 5

Thanks @hossein for sharing and yes @eduardo thank you for introducing the idea. But I agree with @Gaurav and @Frederic this could cause more damage and not worth it, plus it says it allows the car to drive in 2nd and 3rd gear only, sometimes we need the 1st gear to push and don't really recommend the Omani Hack.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shadow79 said:

There is a company which strokes engines and they can upgrade that 3.5 and 3.8 to 4.0 but will surely put a make a hole in your pocket...

Lol Shadow, doing this will be spending 2x the value of the Car!

• Like (+1) 1