•  

Open Club  ·  67 members

New Tech

New sustainable outlook for electric cars

Gaurav

Very interesting. The question is : what happens if a deer, a cow or a reckless pedestrian bursts in front of the vehicle, crossing the road ? Can you (or the AI) instantly steer out of the railway ?

• Like (+1) 1

Looks like yes to your question, as they are using this strip with a flexible arm to charge the electric car so even if the car moves around they are still drivable.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Well technically this is a new take on the old electric trains and trams, still operational in some parts of the world where the power is fed through overhead power lines. 

But I don't see it as too practical, maybe good for getting charged up while on the move though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

maybe good for getting charged up while on the move though.

That's the whole point to reduce the downtime of charging.

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose this system is fitted with some sort of automatic guiding system that will place the pick-up back in the slot after overtaking a slower vehicle?

• Like (+1) 1

I suppose too, and I'm sure when we are thinking of so many options from our couch, these guys must have mastered it to the next level of intelligence before even implementing it.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I suppose too, and I'm sure when we are thinking of so many options from our couch, these guys must have mastered it to the next level of intelligence before even implementing it.

Not necessarily. For instance, everyone (including Governments) is talking about eliminating petrol and diesel vehicles within twenty years, and in some cases as soon as ten years, and yet, nobody has thought about the fact that there simply is not enough power-generating capacity in the world to charge hundreds of millions of electric cars.   

• Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use