•  
Advertise here

Prado Service Cost (Dealer & Garage)

Gentlemen,

Need information on the service cost of Toyota Prado 2016. I have been using a well known garage for my regular services of every 5000 kms of all previous cars. My current car is under 20K kms or 1 year warranty. Current odometer is at 77K kms. Im expecting 80K kms service soon which is a major service as per service maintenance schedule. During delivery of my car, i was told that the services has to be carried out either at the dealer(from where i purchased) service center or toyota service center only to keep warranty intact. Request prado owners and experts to shed some light on the approx cost for 80K kms services and also 10K kms interval services thereafter.

• Like (+1) 1

Few questions to fill the gap and advise accordingly:

• Have you checked with Al futtaim, that they will void the warranty if not maintained by them? As I recall this arm twisting warranty threat has been over in 2016 when authorities announced some news pertaining that owners can service their cars in the outside garage and keep the receipts for warranty - search here there was a thread shared by Barry if I rem correctly.
  • What is the price difference of 80K service at the dealer and outside at class A garage?
  • Do you plan to keep this car for long or planning to sell within a year or so?
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Have you checked with Al futtaim, that they will void the warranty if not maintained by them?

This was clearly mentioned by automall. And it is mentioned in the contract booklet. 

Also spoke to AF sales advisor once he said the cost will be somewhere around 2600—2800🤨 depending on the work.

• Like (+1) 2

Ask them over an email and if they say its mandatory, attached the above link from emirates247 and seek an explanation.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Ask them over an email and if they say its mandatory, attached the above link from emirates247 and seek an explanation.

Yes, i will write to them. But i doubt they will respond. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, syedyaseer said:

Yes, i will write to them. But i doubt they will respond. 

Trust me, they might take a day or two but they have to respond.

Verbal communication has ZERO value when dealing with car dealers here in UAE.

I have asked Al Tayer service advisor to print me a service history of my recently owned Range Rover and his response was "Sir it's not allowed". I was like Im the new owner and I have all the right to know what has happened to the car with the previous owner who showed me dealer stamps in the service booklet without any details. "Sir it's company policy"

Wrote an email and, got a response in less than a day time with the full-service history breakdown.

1352165002_Servicehistory.JPG.6fb6ff103a

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Trust me, they might take a day or two but they have to respond.

Verbal communication has ZERO value when dealing with car dealers here in UAE.

I have asked Al Tayer service advisor to print me a service history of my recently owned Range Rover and his response was "Sir it's not allowed". I was like Im the new owner and I have all the right to know what has happened to the car with the previous owner who showed me dealer stamps in the service booklet without any details. "Sir it's company policy"

Wrote an email and, got a response in less than a day time with the full-service history breakdown.

1352165002_Servicehistory.JPG.6fb6ff103a

@Gaurav i have emailed them for the 80K service price. Hope they will respond. usually when we email to Toyota, they call you back with the details. i have received very good response till date from them in terms of any query, but thru calls only. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

@Gaurav i have emailed them for the 80K service price. Hope they will respond. usually when we email to Toyota, they call you back with the details. i have received very good response till date from them in terms of any query, but thru calls only. 

Ask them to reply on email as discussed, or write back with the advisor name saying as discussed this is what we agree upon, if they don't reply means they agree to your terms and conditions. But @Gaurav bhai is right, you should have everything in written.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1