•  
Advertise here

History of Jeep 4.0 engine

maxresdefault.jpg.8d7b57e842e2dd8b0287866755b5eaa8.jpg

The original Jeep 4.0L inline-six was hewn from a solid block of granite by lightning bolts. Its cylinders were bored by the Imperial Winds and its rotating assembly was balanced by the Scales of Justice. The Ancient Egyptians used Jeep 4.0L engines to move the blocks which built the Pyramids, only switching to slave labor when it was found to be cheaper than the olive oil used to fuel the engines. Scientists have ranked the Jeep 4.0L engine as one of the strongest forces of nature, racking right up there with tectonic plate shifts for its low-end torque, and being surpassed by hurricanes only for its comparatively low redline. Mechanics have found imprints of fossilized dinosaur bones in block castings, and serial numbers in Roman numerals are a common sight. The design of the 4.0L's fuel injection system has been traced to the archives of Leonardo DaVinci, and early manuscripts of Shakespeare plays have been used as head gaskets for this engine (which, incidentally, explains the gaps in Shakespeare's collected works as well as the 4.0L's tendancy [sic] to leak oil). The engine's ancient roots also explain its ability to run on some very non-conventional fuels (original translations of the Rosetta Stone include evidence of Jeep 4.0L engines running on ox blood) as well as lubrications (during the Middle Ages, Jeep 4.0L crankcases were often filled with barley, with no detrimental effect on power output). Historians maintain that the fall of the Roman Empire hinged on their inability to design a superior engine, and had the Titanic been powered by a 4.0L Jeep engine, 1912 might have been a much happier year. Yes, had early-20th-century naval engineers had a touch more foresight, the Jeep 4.0L may have saved mankind from ever having to endure Leonardo DiCaprio and Celene [sic] Dion in the same sitting.

The only weakness in this otherwise unstoppable force of nature? Emissions. Yes, the engine's design may have come from the hand of Zeus, and its exhaust note at full throttle may have reverberated along the rock formations of Arizona to forge the Grand Canyon, but by the year 2007 its crude emissions control (originally consisting of papyrus strips soaked in the tears of the young Tutankhaman [sic]) had become outmoded, and the legendary, nay Biblical force of the Jeep 4.0L was put to rest.

Stolen from : https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a24671511/jeep-cherokee-vintage-price-for-sale/

• Haha (+1) 6

Yeah but everything around it falls apart including the cooling system which cannot keep the engine chiseled by greek gods from exploding. 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I have replaced few 6 cylinder engines of Cherokee....but they all were still running when we changed them. they can withstand pretty much anything without much fuss...to kill a Cherokee engine you have to go to lenghts....

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, shadow79 said:

I have replaced few 6 cylinder engines of Cherokee....but they all were still running when we changed them. they can withstand pretty much anything without much fuss...to kill a Cherokee engine you have to go to lenghts....

...or you simply have to wait for the crankshaft main bearings to wear out, which usually happens sooner than expected. 

Translation: I have also changed more than a few of these engines and while they were all also still running when I replaced them, all of them had oil pressure issues caused by worn main bearings.  

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not exactly 1 was throwing water down the exhaust but still running 

1 had it pully bolt place broke the auxiliarys were not moving but the engine was up and running

1 had had some how managed to make a hole in the block was running on 5 cylinders but throwing oil all over the place

One was overheating but the owner came in a week after informing me I had sent the head for facing but the laith guys returned it back stating that the head is cracked and won't be repaired...that too was running when I removed the head

😂

Not only pressure issues but heat problem including

• WOW (+2) 1