•  
Advertise here

Bu Shanab, Fatma Jumaa... and other 4x4 and cars nicknames

43 minutes ago, Emmanuel said:

OK... And it’s not referring at all to a LC model ? 

Nope, not at all. That was the best political correct without using many choice word and keeping in respect for Ramadan the description for the driver that can be called a Bu Jasim

As mentioned the most popular name for the LC in the region is Station. 

1 minute ago, Rahimdad said:

I remember PR naming his Land Cruiser as Elsie, much later I realizes that he is referring it to as LC. Hahaha.

Yes took me a while to make that connection myself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Maybe Emmanuel can compile a neat list on top of this thread for quick reference. What you think Mr. Todays winner....?

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Nope, not at all. That was the best political correct without using many choice word and keeping in respect for Ramadan the description for the driver that can be called a Bu Jasim

As mentioned the most popular name for the LC in the region is Station. 

Yes took me a while to make that connection myself.

Oh nooo now I need to change the title of this thread 😱 My mistake. Thanks anyway for these precious informations. 

Any other 4x4 and cars nicknames gents ? 

• Like (+1) 1

If someone knows a local nickname for Xterras, I would be glad to hear it. 

I was also asking myself : there are no famous nicknames for Pajeros ? Wranglers ? Cherokees ? Prados ? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Emmanuel said:

If someone knows a local nickname for Xterras, I would be glad to hear it. 

I was also asking myself : there are no famous nicknames for Pajeros ? Wranglers ? Cherokees ? Prados ? 

Xterras : Al Tabaan : The Tired one LOL

on a serious note, these vehicles have no cultural impact on the region what so ever so they are pretty much ignored. 

When was the last time you saw a local shabab driving a Pajero or Xterra. Prados started off well but then were demoted now rarely seen with a Shabab on board. Specially for harakat purposes or off road

Specially after they killed off the SWB V6. And introduction of the FJ. The wranglers and Cherokees really didnt take off with the local crowd until the 2000s. Mostly popular with the expats until then, so they have yet to achieve any iconic status. But unfortunately both wet killed oft and replaced with crappy versions before they could, so doubt they ever will. Not real fans of anything after the XJ and TJ.

Regardless of what happens the Kngs here will always be Neyzan and Station. 

• Like (+1) 2

Only heard one Nick name for the xterra. Nothing comes to mind with the Prado. But the ardent Jeep lovers always refer to their Jeeps with the first 2 alphabets their Chasis numbers starts with. So the Wranglers start with the YJ from 1992 to 1997, TJ from 1998 - 2007, JK from 2008 - 2018, JL 2019 onwards. The old Jeep Cherokee is referred to as the XJ. Commander was XK. Jeep Grand Cherokee of the old was the WJ if I'm not wrong. And the newer Cherokee was the KK after which Cherokee became like run of the mill AWD.

• Like (+1) 2