Jump to content
Gaurav

What matters the most in your car?

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Comfort, luxury and style and in that order. I really don't give a damn about the rest.  Having said that new ride, just got delivered today is a Nissan Sunny with only 65kms on the clock. Total opposite of comfort, luxury and style. But hey its a rental and a free car is a free car!

Sometimes the simplicity of a car is what I like about it. No frills, nothing too fancy, no thousand buttons. Just get in and go. Some newer cars have this, others get lost in all the buttons that eventually fall off and never properly work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Sometimes the simplicity of a car is what I like about it. No frills, nothing too fancy, no thousand buttons. Just get in and go. Some newer cars have this, others get lost in all the buttons that eventually fall off and never properly work.

I don't. I like all the bells and whistles. Like my new rental only thing powered in the front two windows. The rears one are hand cranked! Imagine that hand cranked Windows in 2019!!!!! Blech!!!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Comfort, luxury and style and in that order. I really don't give a damn about the rest.  Having said that new ride, just got delivered today is a Nissan Sunny with only 65kms on the clock. Total opposite of comfort, luxury and style. But hey its a rental and a free car is a free car!

I have a sunny at work. It’s the most boring car ever. I jump in it to scoot across al quoz to buy parts. The radio works and the AC works. I want to say bad stuff about it but it’s basic a to b transport and it does it well. Once you pass 80, it’s like taking your life in your hands. The car goes left, right, wherever, this is why I don’t drive it far. I took it on SZR and I thought I was going to die. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • WOW 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Barry said:

I have a sunny at work. It’s the most boring car ever. I jump in it to scoot across al quoz to buy parts. The radio works and the AC works. I want to say bad stuff about it but it’s basic a to b transport and it does it well. Once you pass 80, it’s like taking your life in your hands. The car goes left, right, wherever, this is why I don’t drive it far. I took it on SZR and I thought I was going to die. 

Yup, even my washing machine is more interesting. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, desertdude said:

Yup, even my washing machine is more interesting. 

Indeed. My wife is singing the praises of persil washing soap now. She made me spend extra for fabric conditioner. Sunny is a horrible car but it’s perfect for going to one place to another locally. Im not going to stick export plates on a 1,000 hp build jeep just to go buy milk. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry said:

Indeed. My wife is singing the praises of persil washing soap now. She made me spend extra for fabric conditioner. Sunny is a horrible car but it’s perfect for going to one place to another locally. Im not going to stick export plates on a 1,000 hp build jeep just to go buy milk. 

Yup, it's white goods. Going from going point A to point B. But then again Nissan has gone out of their way to make it super ugly and boring. 

Previous rental was a Yaris and compared to the Sunny it was a Rolls Royce. Took many inter Emirates lomg journeys on that and even at 120-140 it felt stable.

Edited by desertdude
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to own a Hyundai Accent and thought I could pretty much do anything including venturing out into areas meant to be explored by 4x4s...The outcome was getting stuck badly and getting pulled out by the local Qatari boys in the days I used to live in Qatar.

So I guess it depends on what you want to achieve with your car. Reliability and performance...obviously 🙄 in the right conditions 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as it takes you from a to b without being disintegrated on the way I am happy....

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Totally Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a time when Interior, Exterior and Performance where top on the list. Reliability was not an issue as it would always be a new car so would dispose it off before the problems would kick-in.

Today, if you give me a reliable car that gets me from A to B at minimum cost, I would be happy. Other points don't matter to me.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cost-effectiveness looks reliability, price and practicality of the car are what should be seen. the fuel economy should also a good point to be considered as fuel prices now a day is very unpredictable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use