•  
Advertise here

what about pick up trucks for off road?

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

My absolute favourite ride for offroad use is the Bu Shanab i.e Land Cruiser Pickup. I dunno about the current generation with the V6, square lights plastic bumper version, But I have driven, used and abused off road and on road the previous generation in every imaginable way possible. I'm talking about this, one with the round lights and steel bumper

Image result for Land Cruiser pickup 2006

Built like a tank and virtually indestructible, inside out. And will go anywhere with anything loaded on it. Personally tested it up to 2 tons with generators and watertanks in the bed and then hit some decent dunes and soft sand. I just love it to bits.

But very rough ride, but you get used to it after a while. and unfortunately individuals cannot register them on their name.

Even better if you get it with the 4.5l diesel V8. Only if i wouldn't have kids to drive around... :-) The choice of  well as special forces as well as any rebel group... :-)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

My absolute favourite ride for offroad use is the Bu Shanab i.e Land Cruiser Pickup. I dunno about the current generation with the V6, square lights plastic bumper version, But I have driven, used and abused off road and on road the previous generation in every imaginable way possible. I'm talking about this, one with the round lights and steel bumper

Image result for Land Cruiser pickup 2006

Built like a tank and virtually indestructible, inside out. And will go anywhere with anything loaded on it. Personally tested it up to 2 tons with generators and watertanks in the bed and then hit some decent dunes and soft sand. I just love it to bits.

But very rough ride, but you get used to it after a while. and unfortunately individuals cannot register them on their name.

I lost one of these in the Central African Republic. Best vehicle for almost every off road application,ever. OK, maybe not for rock crawling, but it can handle almost anything else.

• Like (+1) 2

I am in love with all these pickup trucks. No Need to give up the features and comfort of cars when you buy them. Once you own it then it is hard to imagine without that, it's like a horse sitting in your parking lot and waiting for you. For offloading like desert driving, it can be easily driven in long range and medium range dunes but you should be very calculative in technical dunes, you will be easily get crusted while crossing ridge and stuck in pockets. I learnt to drive in desert in LWB pickup and my masters @Gaurav and @Rahimdad did not sparred me at all. Once you develop the skill of sand reading it is easy to venture anywhere in desert. 

My advice is don't follow SWB, you will be left behind 😃😃😃

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Nicely explained @Asif Hussain, and we were always impressed with your way of handling the Truck.

We must have trained thousands of offroader till date, but not everyone picks up equally and you have mastered the LWB handling to the ultimate perfection. My thoughts on this are because you have started your offroading in that truck and now anything smaller in size will be a piece of cake for you to command.

That's what I and Rahim bhai always say, to start with underpower or difficult 4x4 to master the art of offroading and not another way around that takes you everywhere with a touch of the throttle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Pickup trucks offers a lot of options to choose by configuring your truck the way how you want it, They have a strong, ladder style frames, so the body is separate from the chassis and this makes them tough & can carry heavy loads, also handle off roading with ease when driven by a experienced driver.

These days buying a truck has become popular, also buying them has become difficult because there are so many options, Some of the manufacturers also provide options like selecting the cab, bed length, transmission, and the engine you want. Besides, this makes them versatile. So you can use them for different purposes like family, hauling, off roading, towing, carrying heavy loads etc.

I still remember those days where I used to be a part of an off-road group in KSA, Every weekend convoy drives we had a minimum of 2 trucks during long drives, camping. These trucks were well equipped with generators, refrigerators, tools, tents, carpets, gas, water tanks, fire wood and lots of food.

I was looking out for some old pictures in my phone, Unfortunately most are gone but found a picture from my Instagram that I had posted in March 2016 (3 different Ford trucks, 2 stock but well equipped for camping activities)

Screenshot_20190513-124129_Instagram.jpg.f071286087cfe373f711b8358d321548.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Personally i am big fan of Short bed single cab pickups. I am hoping to get one. As long as it is short bed and single cab i am not seeing anything minus for off roading with pickup. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Toyota Tundra XK50https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Tundra

Wheelbase

Regular cab 6.5' box: 126.8 (3220 mm)
Regular cab 8' box/Double Cab 6.5' box/CrewMax 5.5' box: 145.7 (3700 mm)
Double Cab 8' box: 164.6 (4180 mm)

Length

Regular cab 6.5' box: 209.8 in (5,329 mm)
Regular cab 8' box/Double Cab 6.5' box/CrewMax 5.5' box: 228.7 in (5,809 mm)
Double Cab 8' box: 247.6 in (6,289 mm)

Nissan Patrol Y62https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Patrol

Wheelbase: 3,075 mm (121.1 in)

Length: 5,165 mm (203.3 in)

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.