•  
Advertise here

2020 Mercedes GLS 580 4MATIC Off-road

Just posting this for the three inteeresting features seen, 1st the bouncy suspension, which can be pretty handy once stuck and plus looks funny with the car doing it on its own. Second the ability to set height of each wheel individually and the third the ability to ride smooth on the whoops ( wavy track ) 
Obviously no one in their right frame of mind unless loaded till his eyeballs will use this for any serious and regular dune bashing. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

WOW, 2020 Mercedes GLS 580 has some really intelligent use of electronic to replicate the human reaction on sand stuck - bouncing and one wheel up. It was damn impressive, to see that beast bouncing.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I love the technology on this car. But let’s be honest, the people who buy these cars will never go off road. It’s just have the 3 pointed star on the bonnet that they’re interested in. How often have you seen a g wagen in the desert? Most are running big rims and skinny tyres. I had one recently for repair and it had a full house of diff locks, front, centre, rear, but it was on 35 profile tyres. Part of me died working on that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Barry said:

full house of diff locks, front, centre, rear, but it was on 35 profile tyres.

• Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I love the technology on this car. But let’s be honest, the people who buy these cars will never go off road. It’s just have the 3 pointed star on the bonnet that they’re interested in. How often have you seen a g wagen in the desert? Most are running big rims and skinny tyres. I had one recently for repair and it had a full house of diff locks, front, centre, rear, but it was on 35 profile tyres. Part of me died working on that. 

Those are standard on all G Wagons. And we did know a dude Big T who took his G wagon off road. But 9 times out of 10 it would go home on the back of a flatbed 

Edited by desertdude
  • WOW (+2) 1

28 minutes ago, Barry said:

So much potential but so much waste. If you want a nice car with a 3 point star that’s good on the road, just buy a C63. 

1991 E190 Those things are like Tanks. Also the 1997/8 S Class. After the 2000s Mercedes quality went down the drain. 

Also the C63 doesn't have as much street cred as must as thr G does. And uts all about the street cred here

Edited by desertdude
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

32 minutes ago, desertdude said:

1991 E190 Those things are like Tanks. Also the 1997/8 S Class. After the 2000s Mercedes quality went down the drain. 

Also the C63 doesn't have as much street cred as must as thr G does. And uts all about the street cred here

I’ve had a lot of fancy cars but a 1989 190E was one of the best cars I’ve ever owned. Wasn’t fast but it started, drove and stopped any time I needed it to. Never needed any repairs. Would even do donuts on gravel. Didn’t cost me anything either, I swapped it for a XR3i with rotten floors and side sills and got cash back. One of the only cars I ever regretted selling. 

Street cred is for losers and sc3n3 kids. If Facebook likes are more important to you than having a fast useable car, good luck to you. The rest of us real men are playing with 700+ bhp mustangs just for fun. 

• Like (+1) 1