•  
Advertise here

Engine temp Rising

I don't know, its an older model so if the thermostat is closed and not working the temp will rise no matter what the fans do no cold coolant will get in the engine. I would still suggest to first look at replacing the thermostat if you can hear the clutch fan engaging. 

4 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Welcome back @Javier M. Even if the thermostat is gone then also viscose clutch fan should engage as that is a purely mechanical and independent device to bring down the boiling coolant after certain degrees.

@Frederic temp movement on road is not normal and not acceptable unless you are offroading. 

Viscose clutch fan can be tested in two ways and most of the time 2nd one fails:

1. When the car is switched off, move the fan blades with hand and see if it rotate freely then it's bad. It should have a good amount of resistance, as with full hand force it should just move a blade or two and not even a full rotation.

2. When the car is overheating, viscose fan clutch should engage and roar loud noise as you are on 2k-3k rpm sounds, that's where clutch fan become free and move with idle RPM and resulting in gushing noise. 8 out of 10 times, when the clutch fan fails this is a first thing it fails on. And this is often time wrongly diagnosed, by suggesting to change 3 million other car parts than the viscose clutch fan.

Your paper sticking in fan is only testing the first bit and not the second part which is most important to bring the cooling down.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If you dont hear gushing fan when temp is rising, then its radiator viscose clutch fan has gone.

If you hear it gushing then the radiator is choked and need proper cleaning not flushing, with new coolant.

For this exact free advise I spent a fortune 10 years back and almost all garages ripped me by saying multiple theories and stories and still car was overheating after 5k spent.

And yeah btw temp rising on road is not normal by any means. If its offroad I can understand that.

I can hear Gushing noise 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, desertdude said:

In my experience cleaning flushing having it rodded out really doesnt help fpr some reason. Only proper cure Ive found is to get a new radiator and don't skimp and get a 400dhs dolphin radiator too.

If the radiator is 10 years old, it's better to change. And that must be the case in your failed cleaning attempt. I have core-cleaned my Pajero radiator twice and that resulted in stable heat gauge every time.

Dolphin and 400, must be in 1990's dude. I got dolphin triple core for 700 dhs, in 2012, must be a lot more now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Sidshk said:

i Went to buy new radiator  but they advised me to check for bad thermostat 

Start checking with the fan clutch first instead of throwing parts at it and if your rad, fan and theromostat are around 10 plus years. In this country and it's weather its better to do some preventive maintenance have replace all three. Included coolant hoses. And if you can afford it even the water pump. If you are planning to keep the car fpr sometime that is

Better to do that than get stuck on the side of the road with a overheated car. 

Comes out cheaper labour wise also instead of paying fpr each item individually. 

But from my personal anecdotal experience this is usually the either the fan or a clogged radiator. 

Start with checking the fan clutch first. If thermostat was faulty it would be heating all the time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

If thermostat was faulty it would be heating all the time.

Thank you

4 hours ago, Sidshk said:

i Went to buy new radiator  but they advised me to check for bad thermostat 

If fan is gushing fine, change the radiator if its 10 year old or get its core cleaning and not just the flushing, which is useless.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.