•  
Advertise here

Engine temp Rising

RIP Fan clutch. Fan should stop soon after the engine is switched off. Yours is freewheeling like a bicycle tyre. 

Get the fan clutch changed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

With this freewheeling fan, there is no way you can get gushing noise.

Try again tomorrow, switching on AC and roll the window full down and start from home to traffic area, so you know what's normal noise of engine at idle. If its stay same in traffic and heat gauge rising, clutch fan is gone. There should be a loud significant change in fan noise as when you hit 2k rpm gas.

If that noise doesn't come, its surely clutch fan need a change.

Which year model? How many km? From how long own?

Have you changed clutch fan before?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

16 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Try again tomorrow, switching on AC and roll the window full down and start from home to traffic area, so you know what's normal noise of engine at idle. If its stay same in traffic and heat gauge rising, clutch fan is gone. There should be a loud significant change in fan noise as when you hit 2k rpm gas.

Do other Pajero fans also freewheel for such a longtime before coming to a stop after being switched off?  (2nd video)

Looks to me a totally gone fan clutch.

And for clarification purposes, close the hood of the car and let it get to normal operating temps before testing. If fan is still stiff after switch off. Blowing a good deal of air ( referred to as gushing over here) then its ok. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Update 

Pajero 2008 3.00 225000 Kms Never changed Clutch for fan , Changed Coolant 6 months back , owning it since last 3 years

temp got high today driving from SHJ to RAK , basically it is getting hot when ever i m accelerating 

Edited by Sidshk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

7 hours ago, Sidshk said:

temp got high today driving from SHJ to RAK , basically it is getting hot when ever i m accelerating 

This is a new update now and let's be clear with your feedback if you don't want parts gamble

• Does car is overheating in stop and go day time traffic?
  • Or overheating whenever hit certain speed or RPM?

These both are different causes and we can advise you further on how to clearly diagnose what is wrong.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I think its a wise decision and good preventative maintenance to change it all, don't forget the coolant hoses as well. Keep the ones you have now as spares in the back. Incase you ever burst one, so you have back up to make it till a shop.

That's what I do with any part I change, example if I change hoses or sparkplug leads I keep the old ones just in case in need one in a fix, And this has been very useful. I even have a spare radiator for my car. Incase if I pop mine. I have one I can change and drive it to a shop rather than be stuck with an undrivable car at the mercy and expense of recovery trucks.. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Try to notice the neck and joint of the clutch if it's leaking then it's time to change the clutch 

The radiator if choked and serviced will only bring back the problem at a later time it's much better to toss in a new high volume radiator even if the radiator is not choked if you see it's plastic body turning in to a shade of brown or if aluminum fins  oxidation then it's high time you get that radiator out of the equation

When changing the radiator it's always better to toss the thermostat with it as it too has worn-out

(Only recommend for garage)

While the car is running touch the upper and lower hose if the thermostat is bad there will be drastic difference in temperature of both pipes 

And open the radiator cap and notice the water at the cap if it's turning nicely at the cap place then the water pump is working strong

Notice the leaks and air in system

These steps mentioned above is for professionals only and should be executed by a professional workshop technicians under no circumstances us should be held responsible as these steps could and can inflict life altering harm

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

First of all Thanks to Carnity Family for extended support and Help 

Final update 

Last night i went to Workshop around 20:00 hrs and after final diagnose we came to conclusion its the Fan clutch which has gone bad special thanks to @Gaurav Bhai & @desertdude for highlighting it early.

As suggested in this forum and by my Mechanic i decided to go ahead and change the complete cooling system 

Radiator - couldn't  find the Dolphin one so went with other brand called Premium - AED 480  

Clutch - AED 680 

Radiator Hose , Thermostat , Mitsubishi Coolant 2 x 5 lts - AED 140 

Mechanic Fee - AED 200

After the work was complete i was the first time in my life i was looking for neck to neck traffic but couldn't find any 😉

So far all seems good and well, will update in this forum for new update 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3