•  
Advertise here

Comp insurance with off road cover

It is my second year in uae soon to start.

i have to start looking at renewal of my insurance in June.

looking through the past comments axa and new India insurance were 2 companies I am looking.

are there any recommended insurance comparison websites in uae.

i got fleeced (I think) for my first year insurance. In Al Ain only one company was willing to insure me. 2016 fjc xtreme cost me 4500 dirhams- no off-road cover or Oman cover.

hope this time around I am a bit more lucky.

lets see.

any advice gratefully received 

35 minutes ago, srini62 said:

It is my second year in uae soon to start.

i have to start looking at renewal of my insurance in June.

looking through the past comments axa and new India insurance were 2 companies I am looking.

are there any recommended insurance comparison websites in uae.

i got fleeced (I think) for my first year insurance. In Al Ain only one company was willing to insure me. 2016 fjc xtreme cost me 4500 dirhams- no off-road cover or Oman cover.

hope this time around I am a bit more lucky.

lets see.

any advice gratefully received 

Insurance Premium depends on your NCB and age of your license in UAE. I got decent deals on Insurance as i have very clean driving history with nil claims till date. I insured my Prado with the value of 150K @ Dhs. 3500 approx all inclusive which includes offroad cover . This was because im with one insurance company since 2013. Try Oman Insurance and RSA online for the approx rates. I found Oman Insurance rates on a lower side. You will find many websites such as insurancemarket.ae, souqalmal.com etc to compare motor insurance coverage and premiums.

Disclaimer: Im no where related to the companies mentioned ahead and the feedback was purely based on my personal experience.

Edited by syedyaseer
edit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, srini62 said:

Thanks syedyaseer. Will look into all your suggestions 

Another question- when they ask how long I have had a license- is it only Uae license or is it since when I got my original uk license ?

I believe their will multiple questions on this same topic. First, in which country you got your first license. Second, Age of UAE License. I assume if your UAE license is relatively new like less than an year or two it will somehow reflect on your premium. For UAE license which is less than 1 year old definitely premium are comparatively higher. One of my friend tried to register an used car on his wife name whose license was less than 1 year the quotes received were comparatively higher.

• Thanks (+1) 1

That is my experience. So far comprehensive with off road and Oman and break down cover is 2887 through rsa.

that looks good for me. 

I just might look at some more befor I decide.

then to take my fjc xtreme to the inspection.

last time around Thy failed the fjc stating ride height too high and I had to truck my fjc to artic trucks to check ride height and get a letter to say everything was ok and no changes needed.

hope it is more straightforward this time.

• Like (+1) 1

Currently, for the comprehensive insurance, no comparison sites and other insurance company can beat the price, benefits and quality of RSA. I have moved all my 3 cars to RSA beginning this year. I paid 2100 for my Range with Oman and offroad cover.

With my 17 years of driving experience in UAE: RSA and AXA are the best and no-fuss insurance provider.

Feel free to compare and im sure you will settle with RSA, as they have brought down there pricing tremendously in 2019 to whip all comparison sites in one go.

*Copied Syed disclaimer*

Disclaimer: Im nowhere related to the companies mentioned above and the feedback was purely based on my personal experience.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks gaurav.

rsa seems good. Off-road,gcs,breakdown comp comes at 2480. With non agency repairs.

with authorised Toyota garage repairs the amount jumps to 4200.

so should I go for authorised repairs as it 2016 model and still has warranty contract for service etc

Gcs is supposed to be gcc cover

• Like (+1) 1

Well, that depends on what type of driver are you, in terms of making an accident.

I haven't made one in last 10 years, so I opted for non-agency repair and I have tried RSA non-agency repair when someone reversed his Renault Duster and made a small hole in my Range bumper. It was a good and professional facility and not shady workshop like 99% of other insurance companies send you to. I think it was Euro Gulf garage or something, part of Europcar rent a car company.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.