•  
Advertise here

Fast and reliable sports car under 30k

Pajero_Mo

Hi all, I'm in the market for a fun-to-drive and fast sports car. While I love my Pajero and it's perfect for most of my needs (spacious, reliable, good off-roader), I miss the thrill of driving a fast car. I'm thinking something with 300+ hp and 0-100 in the 5 second range.

Obviously with a 30k budget it's gotta be an older car, and since reliability is a major concern, this excludes the Germans (and Americans?).

The only cars I can think of that fit these criteria are Nissan 350z/370z and Infiniti G37. I haven't driven any of these cars but I've read positive reviews about them.

Any suggestions/advice are more than welcome!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Dubasel said:

I used to think Porsches were unreliable until I got my first one, second hand.   Did you know that over 70% of all Porsches ever built are still on the road?  Now, if the criteria is “reliable without reasonable maintenance”, then you’re probably right, and I’ve got nothing for you.

Mine is from experience of a hardcore petrolhead's ownership of two Porsches. They're magnificently engineered beasts, but the electronic failures are horrifying and regular. I wouldn't ever consider Porsches to be "reliable with reasonable maintenance".
Let's agree to disagree and not force each other's opinion down the other's throats.

59 minutes ago, sertac said:

Mercedes SLK350. It is 277hp but it is very small and light. Cornering like crazy, it is sticking to road. 

Wow. I need to drive one of these as I'm in the market for a super handling sports car as well.
Cheers for the suggestion. Did they come with a V8 in the non-AMG avatar?

• Like (+1) 3

30 minutes ago, stig said:

Mine is from experience of a hardcore petrolhead's ownership of two Porsches. They're magnificently engineered beasts, but the electronic failures are horrifying and regular. I wouldn't ever consider Porsches to be "reliable with reasonable maintenance".
Let's agree to disagree and not force each other's opinion down the other's throats.

Wow. I need to drive one of these as I'm in the market for a super handling sports car as well.
Cheers for the suggestion. Did they come with a V8 in the non-AMG avatar?

V8 coming only with SLK55 AMG version. But i believe SLK350 enough for most of us. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ok let me get this right you want something with a 5 second 0-100, 300plus hp non American non German reliable under 30k car. 

Would be easier to find rocking horse shit than something that checks all those boxes. Good luck and let us know when you've found that elusive unicorn

Edited by desertdude
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions guys.

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

Ok let me get this right you want something with a 5 second 0-100, 300plus hp non American non German reliable under 30k car. 

Would be easier to find rocking horse shit than something that checks all those boxes. Good luck and let us know when you've found that elusive unicorn

370z? G37? Genesis Coupe?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, sertac said:

Mercedes SLK350. It is 277hp but it is very small and light. Cornering like crazy, it is sticking to road. 

From how long you own this to call it a reliable? And which year model comes in 30?

Friend of mine cried for 2 summers and then sold at half the price after spending another half of car value in maintenance. 

AC issue, engine cooling, brittle plastic parts breaking and failing were major concerns. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

9 hours ago, Gaurav said:

From how long you own this to call it a reliable? And which year model comes in 30?

Friend of mine cried for 2 summers and then sold at half the price after spending another half of car value in maintenance. 

AC issue, engine cooling, brittle plastic parts breaking and failing were major concerns. 

My car is 2009 SLK200. I bought it for 26.000. I am having it from November 2018 and i put 20.000km on it. At this last 20.000km i didnt spend single dirhem except regular oil change. Ac is perfectly cool. Ac has 5 fan speed i am never using above 2 because it is too cold. Everything holding together very well nothing broken or cracked and engine cooling also no issue so far. 

I am having the full service history of this car from Gargash. Before me also they didint spend any single dirhem except regular maintenance.

I dont know what was the condition of your friend`s car and i dont know how he was using it.

In Turkey we dont have Lexus for us Reliability = Mercedes.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use