•  
Advertise here

Hi just had a repair on my front drive axles repair from the garage as I have chosen to go for repair rather replacing and now the car doing good and I have attached the pics of the ball joints, just to get more awareness about the repair wondering how the mechanic can fix without replacing the worn-out part as my garage had given repair warranty for 3 months and he promised it will last for at least 60k kms anyone have such experience before plz

D94FBDAD-48A4-4659-BF3C-36D6B509B0C6.jpeg

966BE45E-482D-4E46-BF38-A9FFCBE64D56.jpeg

BDBF0271-BA42-4212-9B59-F32C9463DB1D.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

What was the actual problem? Claking on turning?

This repair just refilled grease and replaced the boot or anything else? How much they charged?

Have you tested full turn in 4x4 if it still claking or not?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

5 hours ago, Gaurav said:

What was the actual problem? Claking on turning?

This repair just refilled grease and replaced the boot or anything else? How much they charged?

Have you tested full turn in 4x4 if it still claking or not?

Thats was my same question.? Have you tested it on sand?

• Like (+1) 1

Once the grease is out and sand sets in then the tolerance increases with time if you put thicker grease temporarily it will be silent but will be back at a later date... unless you have changed the outer or inner CV joint .

That means you have eliminated the problem...

Edited by shadow79
More info
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Where is the after picture? Did they just fill it with grease and put it back together or did they replace the CV joint?

3 month warranty doesn’t sound good. Sounds like they just filled it with grease to temporarily stop the noise. A set of new CV joints should be good for 10 years so I’d expect a better warranty than 3 months. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Looking at the picture the housing is pretty worn out 😯 I’d got it replaced if i were you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• 4 years later...

I think made a mention somewhere that Pajero's don't like excessive lift, unless someone somewhere finds a creative solution of front diff drop. I couldn't.

I broke many CV axles too and then settled down with a limited lift of 1.5 - 2 inches as my sweet spot without breaking a CV axle every 6 months.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

25 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I think made a mention somewhere that Pajero's don't like excessive lift, unless someone somewhere finds a creative solution of front diff drop. I couldn't.

I broke many CV axles too and then settled down with a limited lift of 1.5 - 2 inches as my sweet spot without breaking a CV axle every 6 months.

That’s all my lift is 2”, the diff drop I did didn’t change the cv angle, unfortunately cv joints are a consumable item when we drive like we do. The last thirty odd drives would have shortened its life considerably I think so it’s to be expected. Just all part of the fun 🥴😂

1 hour ago, Stumpy Paj said:

That’s all my lift is 2”, the diff drop I did didn’t change the cv angle, unfortunately cv joints are a consumable item when we drive like we do. The last thirty odd drives would have shortened its life considerably I think so it’s to be expected. Just all part of the fun 🥴😂

Solid axles @Bravoecho😂😂

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."