•  
Advertise here

What scares you the most in car ownership?

Gaurav

1) Loosing the car value (depreciation)

2) Unexpected repair or maintenance

3) Falling in hand of fake mechanic

4) Making an accident (yours or other mistake)

5) All of the above

6) Any other option, please explain

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

For me the high price of parts compared to the actual price in other countries. 

If somebody worries about the depreciation then they don't really understand car ownership. Cars depreciate and no matter how many mods/upgrades you throw in there you will never get your money back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

8 hours ago, Gaurav said:

2) Unexpected repair or maintenance

Unexpected repair and maintenance. I remember my 1st encounter back in 2013 when i bought pre-owned camry from well known used car dealer. In 4 months AC was showing sign of trouble during peak summer.  It was just blowing normal air when i put on the AC. Spoke to the dealer because the car was under 1 year warranty then, 1st question asked was where do you service your car? that was something strange to me when my reply was at fuel station. Unaware about the warranty conditions then he politely refused to even entertained my request to have a look. I went to the dealer service center where i was quoted Dhs. 4800 for complete AC system to be changed. I was shocked to see the report but was not willing to give up. Spoke to few of my friends they recommended the garage which i still use it till date. Garage quote was Dhs. 2370 with the original parts and labor they even gave the same warranty on the work as dealer.  

• Like (+1) 3

Cars will always have give and take relationship with you as it takes you where you want and regardless wants you to take care of it by preventive maintenance...now here lies the problem people don't want to spend but only drive...

I have seen people ignoring my advice to Change the break pads but later on come back on a tow truck with a major damaged front end..

Ignoring my advice of changing the radiator but later on coming back with a busted radiator or burned head gasket...

Then they say that owning xyz car was expensive because it always had something up. I agree that some cars are lemons but not all cars are same that's why it's always better to research and get second or third opinion before you put your money in a car as it will save you much more hassle in the long run...

Edited by shadow79
More info
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Anything that costs money. If something breaks I’m not worried about fixing it but the price of the parts are scary sometimes. Especially when you’re into weird cars like me that a lot of stuff isn’t easily available for. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1