•  
Advertise here

Windshield Cleaner Liquid

Experts!!

Though this topic may not be important. Just was curious to know about it. Is their any brand of liquid to be used as windshield cleaner. Did any of the Carnity Members tried DIY solution found on internet or Just water(I have come across various cons of using water) is fine. If any of the member are using certain brand, please give your feedback.

• Like (+1) 4

I have used several windshield washing formulas, but been using the dish washing liquid now (easily available in the kitchen :P ).

https://www.amazon.ae/Xcessories-Windshield-Washer-3-78-Liter/dp/B07MVWTF8P?ref=SQAE-WEB-DP301

The best way to remove that oily film on the inside of your cars windshield is by spraying about 2 ozs of white vinegar.....spray on and wipe of with a clean micro fiber towel or any old paper (news paper)

• Like (+1) 3

I tried a few brands from ENOC - US and German make for a fun and then used dishwashing liquid too.

Couldn't find a damn difference and now Im lazy to put anything, unless service guys put it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

https://www.aceuae.com/en/ace-uae/266696

Camco Xtreme Blue Windshield Washer – 3.78 liters

This is just 9 dhs for an entire gallon and is a Made in USA product.

You will find it in any of the Ace hardware stores and should last you a year easily. Quality product. Solid detergent quality and good lubricity for the wiper/glass contact.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Before I switched to dishwasher, then just water I always used Sonnax windscreen washer fluid. Available for 5 DHs at the gas stations. Unlike dishwasher it wasn't too sudsy and didn't leave streak marks. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Confused (0) 1

As for your own DIY process, Dishwashing soap works the best. Try it out yourself on a Glass of drinking water to test it out. What ever you use on it and it gives you that clean glass feeling with your eyes closed and makes the squeaky sound. That’s the one you want to have to mix it with the water in the windshield washer tank.

When you go to buy the solution of the shelf, usually they are just glass cleaners which are diluted with water and put into bottles for you to pickup, pour and use. 

And if your cleaning your windshield from inside and it has that oily reflective white Smokey residue which is very Annoying at night. It doesn’t give you a good viewing vision every time a light hits from the opposite direction. This usually is found in car that are of regular smokers, just make sure you use few plys from the kitchen roll instead of newspaper reason being that the ink from the newspaper won’t stick back onto your windshield. Yes the newspaper does the job and you keep cleaning it regularly in a couple of days or once a week. But with the kitchen roll it’s made to absorb the oils and has not ink coming off it. So you tend to have a clean sparkly windshield like those commercial advertisements 😝. AS SHOWN ON TV.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1