•  
Advertise here

How easily do you let other people drive your car ?

To be honest, I don’t feel comfortable at all with this idea, unless I know the driver (not only the person) very well. I always have a second of hesitation when it happens that I have to leave my car to a valet for parking or even to a mechanic for testing. I would be curious to know if I am the only one here ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Hahahaha I feel the same buddy ! If i know the person and their abilities then it’s all good to me. If it’s a guy that considers the car like a piece of junk like some mechanics or valet guys around here then i gladly tell them to take a hike.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I'm comfortable letting any one known to me drive my car including valet or known mechanic. This is still my attitude after someone I lend the car to for a couple of weeks and ended up looking close to AED 2500/- after the car was misused by that person. I would not trust my car with that person anymore now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

I'm comfortable letting any one known to me drive my car including valet or known mechanic. This is still my attitude after someone I lend the car to for a couple of weeks and ended up looking close to AED 2500/- after the car was misused by that person. I would not trust my car with that person anymore now.

Wow how that happend?

Normally if I am not have to I will not let anyone to drive my car. Sometimes there are restaurants having free valet parking and I am choosing to park myself and pay. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I used to let anyone drive my stuff until one day 6-7 years ago I was fixing a car for someone, he asked if he could borrow my motorbike that was parked beside the garage. I asked if he could ride a bike and he said yes so I took him it his word and let him ride the bike home. He came back an hour later with the bike. I don’t know what he hit but the front forks were so badly bent that the wheel was scrubbing the frame. I can bet he went over the handlebars and hurt himself pretty bad.

So now, if I know you and trust you, sure take whatever, if I don’t know you, I’ll call a taxi for you. 

Reminds me of something my boss in my first job said to me. He had a brand new Mk4 Golf GTi, the PD150, he said “drive it, but don’t crash it or don’t come back”. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1