•  

jeep cherokee xj workshop

bvmbics

HI MEMBERS,

CAN ANYONE SUGGEST A GOOD RELIABLE WORKSHOP IN AL AIN OR DUBAI FOR THE JEEP CHEROKEE XJ.A PLACE WHERE THEY DO TRASMISSION CHECK ENGINE AND ELECTRICAL STUFFS.

THANK YOU GUYS IN ADVANCE.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

HI SRIKUMAR,

THE 4H FAILS TO ENGAGE AT TIMES I BELIEVE THAT LIFT CAUSE THE DRIVETRAIN TO BE AT AN ANGLE.THE SHIFT LEVER FOR THE 4X4 ALSO DIFFICULT TO ENGAGE AT TIMES.THE DAY OF THE IFTAR BOWL ON THE WAY BACK IF FELT AS IF THE REAR WHEEL WAS ONLY SPINING OR DECREASE IN POWER ?? ,HAD DIFFICULTY GETTING ACROSS THE DESERT.ON THE WAY TO THE BOWL IT FELT NORMAL.

THE FUSE FOR THE RADIATOR FAN BLEW AND AC DID NOT WORK  (AS THE LED BAR LIGHT WAS CONNECTED TO THE COOLING FAN RELAY ,AN OVERLOAD PROBABLY CAUSED THE FUSE TO BLOW) SO THE COOLING FAN DIDNT WORK ON THE WAY BACK.LUCKILY ON THE HIGHWAY IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM.(THIS IS THE FAN THAT WORK WHEN YOU TURN ON THE AC OR THE ENGINE TEMP CLIMBS ABOVE 215)

• Like (+1) 1

I faced the same issue with my Cherokee XJ after the 3" lift. It never went into 4H or 4L smoothly. This is because of the change in angle after the lift which would wear out the rubber bushings. I finally installed the Boostwerks linkage and I am currently having smooth and firm linkage. The only issue s that on some really bumpy terrains the transfer linkage very occasionally shifts from 4H to 2H. But this issue would be less if you have the NP242 transfer case as you have a part time and full time 4H.

My feedback is mentioned in the below post. Just be sure to buy the right linkage for your transfer case. Do you have the NP231 or NP242 transfer case? Also it would be better to buy the linkage for the transfer case drop.

Regarding your radiator fan not working, did you check the wiring of the LED Light bar and whether the wires are touching each other. I have very limited knowledge on electrical work, but it seems you have a short circuit somewhere causing the fuses to blow up. Put a rated wire with a proper fuse.

Also it would be good to have two additional aux fans infront of your radiator, to provide additional cooling while driving in the desert.

59 minutes ago, sertac said:

Just sell it. Believe me best solution

And go for JGC 😉. You can take the man out of the Jeep , but you can't take the Jeep out of the man.

Edited by Srikumar
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

What i learn from my experience. If a Jeep already dead you cant fix it easily. You need to make full restoration which will be expensive and it is just not worth it. So better to buy a nice Jeep and keep it nice and good condition.  

• Like (+1) 3

One more point. The best thing about the XJ is that you can crawl below it and manually shift the vehicle from 2H to 4H and to 4L. So incase if your linkage has failed in the desert, do that.

3 minutes ago, sertac said:

What i learn from my experience. If a Jeep already dead you cant fix it easily. You need to make full restoration which will be expensive and it is just not worth it. So better to buy a nice Jeep and keep it nice and good condition.  

Agree. Getting a clean one is most importand and it's a big challenge. But the issues that the OP has raised are minor ones and can easily get fixed. In your case, you spent more money fixing the AC than the value of the car.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, bvmbics said:

HI SRIKUMAR,

THE 4H FAILS TO ENGAGE AT TIMES I BELIEVE THAT LIFT CAUSE THE DRIVETRAIN TO BE AT AN ANGLE.THE SHIFT LEVER FOR THE 4X4 ALSO DIFFICULT TO ENGAGE AT TIMES.THE DAY OF THE IFTAR BOWL ON THE WAY BACK IF FELT AS IF THE REAR WHEEL WAS ONLY SPINING OR DECREASE IN POWER ?? ,HAD DIFFICULTY GETTING ACROSS THE DESERT.ON THE WAY TO THE BOWL IT FELT NORMAL.

THE FUSE FOR THE RADIATOR FAN BLEW AND AC DID NOT WORK  (AS THE LED BAR LIGHT WAS CONNECTED TO THE COOLING FAN RELAY ,AN OVERLOAD PROBABLY CAUSED THE FUSE TO BLOW) SO THE COOLING FAN DIDNT WORK ON THE WAY BACK.LUCKILY ON THE HIGHWAY IT WAS NOT A PROBLEM.(THIS IS THE FAN THAT WORK WHEN YOU TURN ON THE AC OR THE ENGINE TEMP CLIMBS ABOVE 215)

Any accessory such as light bars should be connected through its own relay, dedicated power supply cable and own fuse to avoid such occurrences. Not sure who connected yours but it’s really a bad idea to hook that up to essential components.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Important Information

Terms of use