•  
Advertise here

Buckle to Drive

Gaurav

Now, that's what I call an intelligent system then authorities screaming their lungs out to save your own lives.

Good job Chevy, keep it up.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/21/18632527/chevy-teen-driver-seatbelt-buckle-feature

Please make sure that 2 dhs plastic buckle shouldn't ruin your intelligence.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

The seatbelt law should be better enforced here. I always see the mother/father wearing the seatbelt in front. Then there’s 2,3,4 crotch goblins crawling across the rear seat sticking their heads out the window. Maybe even some stupid mother holding her child in the front seat up against the airbag explode area. You think because you’re wearing your seatbelt it’s fine? I hope you get fined 10,000 for each of your unbelted crotch goblins. You want to watch them fly through the windscreen in an accident? Ok cool. Don’t leave someone else to mop up their guts when you have an accident. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Barry said:

The seatbelt law should be better enforced here. I always see the mother/father wearing the seatbelt in front. Then there’s 2,3,4 crotch goblins crawling across the rear seat sticking their heads out the window. Maybe even some stupid mother holding her child in the front seat up against the airbag explode area. You think because you’re wearing your seatbelt it’s fine? I hope you get fined 10,000 for each of your unbelted crotch goblins. You want to watch them fly through the windscreen in an accident? Ok cool. Don’t leave someone else to mop up their guts when you have an accident. 

Its all up to how parents bring up their kids. My 6 year old daughter wont sit in a car unless she is in her child seat and buckled up. Because since the day she was born she has never been allowed to sit in the car unbuckled. And as she grew up she just knee this is the right thing to do, never protested or cried etc etc

Om a few occasions just going down a short distance on the inner roads to a grocery shop or something out of laziness I didn't buckle her up and she started raising hell that her seatbelt wasn't clicked in.

But some people just don't get it. I've actually scolded a couple of good friends for not strapping in their children but there is always an excuse Oh but the he/she wont stop crying.

Even scaring then that if god forbid something happens to them you will be charged with murder. As was the case when a father was charged with killing his unbuckled daughter who flew out of the window in an accident on palm island a few years ago

Edited by desertdude
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

I totally agree on every word dude, exactly same here. My son shouts if I just close his door to switch on ac first before buckling him. And also seen our resident ex offroaders who just jeep on saying, that they cant buckle his kids as they will cry for whole drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

If they don't wear a seatbelt that's their business, but when they get in an accident and their skull goes through the windshield that's one less inept I have to deal with on the road. I only have a problem when the inept are raising kids to their image and no common sense. 

It reminds me of this clip. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

7 hours ago, Javier M said:

If they don't wear a seatbelt that's their business, but when they get in an accident and their skull goes through the windshield that's one less inept I have to deal with on the road. I only have a problem when the inept are raising kids to their image and no common sense. 

It reminds me of this clip. 

Sorry but I disagree. If someone’s child dies, yes, maybe that’s their problem, but it’s also a problem for the person that accidentally drove into them, it’s a problem for the police and ambulance people who have to clean up the mess, it’s a problem for everyone else who gets involved in the situation.

I know I’ve said it 100 times on this forum but seatbelts are important and they do save lives. When I was younger I used to drive like a dick and the seatbelt saved my life more than once. Without it, I probably wouldn’t be here today. Not wearing a seatbelt should be as socially unacceptable as drunk driving. 

Ever since I was young I can remember my dad drilling it into my brain to wear the seatbelt. Now I don’t even start the car until I’m clipped in. It’s a good habit to learn. If I’m driving now and someone refuses to wear their belt, I kick them out of the car. It only takes one dead body flying around inside the car to kill everyone else who would have been otherwise unhurt. 

Here’s a tv ad from my home place that shows what can happen

• Like (+1) 1

My point is that I can't force those people on the road to wear a seatbelt that's their bad decisions and we all have to live with the decisions we make. What I hate the most is that they don't teach their kids to wear their seatbelt like out parents did. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Javier M said:

My point is that I can't force those people on the road to wear a seatbelt that's their bad decisions and we all have to live with the decisions we make. What I hate the most is that they don't teach their kids to wear their seatbelt like out parents did. 

True. But as per my original comment,   It’s not up to us to enforce it. The police should be doing more to enforce it. Some people only understand when you start to take money from their wallet. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

On 5/23/2019 at 6:51 PM, Barry said:

Some people only understand when you start to take money from their wallet. 

TOTALLY AGREE

• Like (+1) 2