•  
Advertise here

Brake booster squeaking

Hello all

i have been hearing a squeaking noise coming from the brakes on my pajero. Turns out it’s a squeaking noise coming from the brake booster system.

the good news is, is that it doesn’t affect the breaking system in any way. But if I wanted it to stop squeaking, then it would cost a lot to replace the assembly system.

i did see some video on a simple fix on how to stop the noise on an FJ cruiser. I was wondering if anyone has done anything similar with a Pajero?

Also, I don’t really have any tools etc, so would there be anyone in Abu Dhabi, willing to help me with the above?

• Like (+1) 1

Can you explain what type of squeaking sound you are getting?

Nothing shows on video other than how to fix it in FJC. May be you can record a video or sound file of your car to point in right direction. 

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

42 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Can you explain what type of squeaking sound you are getting?

Nothing shows on video other than how to fix it in FJC. May be you can record a video or sound file of your car to point in right direction. 

Hello @Gaurav i hope you are well.

Just i can take a video of the noise etc, but I have already taken it to my mechanic who pointed out exactly what was wrong, and assured my my braking system is fine.

It was only after this i decided to see if there was a solution for the noise, which is how i found FJC video. Although i am not 100% sure, I believe the principle would be the same as what the video suggests in terms of cleaning, but it would be great to be accompanied by someone with more experience under the hood... and with tools. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some boosters develop rust and dust in them then they make sound when friction affects it while pressing the brakes it's normal until the Bellow itself starts to leak...then things will go south a little bit...

• Like (+1) 2

There are a lot of garages in Musaffah area, maybe @Asif Hussain can point you to a recommended garage. You can check the business listings also for a few garages in Abu Dhabi and speak to them over the phone before you give them a visit.

• Like (+1) 1