•  

Newbie & Fewbie Drive - Qudra Desert - 6 Jun 2019

Gaurav

Trip report - hard work.

Reached the meeting point to see everyone was briefed by Gaurav bhai and ready to go. Weather took a pleasant turn to a nice cool breeze and with a cresent for a moon we had to rely mainly on the lights on our cars. With 10 cars in this area it was always going to be challenging, but thanks to the direction chosen by @Gaurav bhai we were not facing any slip faces. Some of the crests were razor sharp and our skills and concentration had to be just as sharp to take on this terrain.

We started off with some small technical dunes and the ropes were out from the moment we entered the first dune. Slowly but gradually we made our way towards the more open area and medium sized dunes. This area was fast paced and enjoyable. We did some side sloping, ridge cutting and kept on moving at a good pace which for me made up more for all the small technical dunes around.

After some awesome dune bashing the last part again saw us managing some very small and technical dunes which kept us on our toes. The ropes were out again as we helped each other out to keep the convoy moving. This got us to a nice spot to switch off our cars and enjoy our snacks with a cold drink. @Javier M left us at this point but his contribution during the drive is highly appreciated. After the break it was time to exit and although it was the matter of crossing just one dune, but no ropes were soared for this exercise also.

Once we reached the road we inflated our tyres and headed into the sunrise to reach home and grab a well deserved nap. Thanks to all who made it to the drive with lots of patience. With a 20 days break for me, I'll be seeing you on the other side of these 20 days break. Until than adios.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Trip report - hard work.

Reached the meeting point to see everyone was briefed by Gaurav bhai and ready to go. Weather took a pleasant turn to a nice cool breeze and with a cresent for a moon we had to rely mainly on the lights on our cars. With 10 cars in this area it was always going to be challenging, but thanks to the direction chosen by @Gaurav bhai we were not facing any slip faces. Some of the crests were razor sharp and our skills and concentration had to be just as sharp to take on this terrain.

We started off with some small technical dunes and the ropes were out from the moment we entered the first dune. Slowly but gradually we made our way towards the more open area and medium sized dunes. This area was fast paced and enjoyable. We did some side sloping, ridge cutting and kept on moving at a good pace which for me made up more for all the small technical dunes around.

After some awesome dune bashing the last part again saw us managing some very small and technical dunes which kept us on our toes. The ropes were out again as we helped each other out to keep the convoy moving. This got us to a nice spot to switch off our cars and enjoy our snacks with a cold drink. @Javier M left us at this point but his contribution during the drive is highly appreciated. After the break it was time to exit and although it was the matter of crossing just one dune, but no ropes were soared for this exercise also.

Once we reached the road we inflated our tyres and headed into the sunrise to reach home and grab a well deserved nap. Thanks to all who made it to the drive with lots of patience. With a 20 days break for me, I'll be seeing you on the other side of these 20 days break. Until than adios.

Happy Vacation. Will miss superman. 

• Like (+1) 3

Another exciting and fun drive. I must say, this being my 3rd night drive, I am slowly beginning to get a hang of driving in the night as I found it a bit challenging at first. I would like to take this opportunity to say that us newbies/fewbies are surely learning a lot under the tutelage of the marshals - @Gauravbhai, @Rahimdadbhai, @Srikumar and @Emmanuel  - Thanks for your support and patience. It is truly and highly appreciated. 

• Like (+1) 3

Enjoyed every bits of this drive, Special thanks to @Srikumar@Rahimdad and others who helped me out to sort out the Pajero LWB  bumper issues 🤐

It was a bad stuck for me at the very beginning that literally took good amount of time, effort with few trials from the back and front to pull out the pajero from the soft sand, then after was able to hold on to the convoy's momentum till exit without any stucks but with 1-2 refusals !!! 🤩 😆 Stuck_!!.jpg.7de5c100802f7e7d5833fea84b5e331c.jpg

A big round of applause and appreciation to @Gaurav@Emmanuel for the interesting convoy track lead from start till exit !!

Excited and look forward to join the next drive, hope the rear bumper guard plate that I have installed and the front bumper lip trim should give me a better approach angle especially in the technical dunes ;)😎😋

See you all soon !!

@Rahimdad Enjoy your holidays !

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use