•  

Newbie & Fewbie Drive - Qudra Desert - 6 Jun 2019

Gaurav

It's time to visit our beautiful Al Qudra Desert just behind the Qudra lakes and all the way to the Solar park and exit. This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and small technical dunes to test your control. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route on the fly.

Though Ramadan fasting and suhoor time are over so will start and end little early to reduce the driver's fatigue to drive back home.

When: 06 June 2019, Thursday

Meeting time: 09 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 09:15 PM

Where: Al Qudra parking

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/7zhLC3Mw6iXuiJLy9

Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE.)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 2 am and then break for snacks

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 3:00 am

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

Lovely area. Good choice, long time haven't gone running behind the gazelles and Oryx.

Well don't do too much of that, there are people assigned to protect them from exactly such stunts and you might find yourself in unnecessary trouble or the very least a long telling off and not to be doing such shenanigans again.

I don't know how they monitor them but they suddenly appear out of the blue and flag you down.

• Haha (+1) 2

Lovely area and basically my backyard, but working the whole week 😣

• Sad (0) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

11 hours ago, Emil said:

Hello Gaurav, wishing all a happy Eid. I wish to join this drive. Not sure, if I will qualify. I have not been to a night drive earlier. 

Sure you can join this drive as you have previous experience of driving in sand, so you should be fine with this night drive.

Only absolute newbie is not fit for this night drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Javier M said:

I'm thinking of bringing the wife. You guys think it will be too much for her? 

Sure it's a nice area, not too adventurous. If she has enjoyed previous fewbie level drives she will like this too.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use