•  
Advertise here

Emmanuel spotted this new & beautiful "Dubai Lake" near Margham on Dubai - Al Ain road, just opposite SkyDive Dubai.

From this Dubai lake picture spotted in google maps, looks quite an exciting place to visit other than Qudra lake.

I'm thinking of doing a quick recce trip tomorrow to explore the area and dunes in the surrounding.

If anyone wishes to join, please let me know here.

When: 3 June 2019

Meeting Time: 5 PM - Sharp

Meeting Place: Emarat Petrol Station on Dubai - Al Ain road

Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/zebzWZVy7cBARF2v7

image.png 

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Isn't this inside the DDCR ? 

Dont know, will check it out tomorrow 

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Most of Markham is in the DDCR which is sad because it has some real beautiful bright red sand dunes but the sand there is many places is like talcum powder. Just stopping on a flat area can get you stuck.

I had the chance to drive there several times before it was fenced off and turned into conservation reserve. Last time I was there was with a LWB Chevy Dually pickup and it got crested on totally flat hard area on a 2ft high pile of sand! Lol

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

Isn't this inside the DDCR ? 

I don’t think so. DDCR is located on the southern side of Margham road and the lake is on the northern side. The lake area itself is fenced but it looks like there is a public access. 

• Like (+1) 1

Would love to go and have a look, but I’ll be working the whole week 😔

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

While this exploration happening I was in bidayer shop area. 

My friends asked me to take them famous orange sands. I thought they should see bidayer area, than we will drive to buried Village and take some pictures. Plan was not pushing any think just go nice and easy. When we enter the area I saw one wrangler got stuck on top. I decided to go there any help him out. I went up pull him out and I was all OK.

Than when we are heading back down one of my friend got stuck. I tried to help him but his car was looking upword and back side was looking to dune. Only chance to pulling him from front but I couldn't pull him upward. When I am trying I also got stuck. Later I found a way to take myself out from situation. Then I called the @EmVarlet and @Gaurav.

After half hour Gaurav showed up and pull the car out with his winch. 

I want to thank him. He break his program and come to help us. It is good to fell that you have friends when you are in trouble. 

• Like (+1) 4

So, regarding Dubai Lake, there is no public access to it as it is the Sheikh’s private property. The surroundings are very soft technical dunes with slipfaces as steep as walls and with nasty pockets and bushes everywhere. Nice views and lot of gazels but I wouldn’t recommend this area, would you @Srikumar and @Gaurav?

• Like (+1) 2