•  
Advertise here

2014 Dodge Durango

Hi Team, 

Need your advice on buying, Dodge Durango 2014, RT. the vehicle has done 93,000 KM, asking Price is Aed 60,000. I am too tempted to consider the ride  seriously because of the price. not sure how these dodge are on reliability. i am currently driving an 2008 Camry.

Can you guys give me few advice if i really should go for the Durango. i normally use the car to commute from Sharjah to Dubai for office, and occasional long drives to Fuj or Khorfakkan. not a desert guy, may be will try out with Durango. 

Reasons to consider 

Safety 

Space, 

Price, 

Hemi engine, which works as 4 cylinder and on 8 only when needed, making it more fuel efficient. 

Request your advices.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

My father have same engined Grand Cherokee. It is beautiful. We bought it 60.000km currently 115.000km. So far no issue with engine or transmission. Electric trunk made issue and some bushes worned out. Generally beautiful. It will be way better than a Camry. 

• Like (+1) 1

All I know about Dodge in UAE is that they have notoriously bad resale value, and I guess that's why you are getting a good deal.

Having that said, bad resale value is a sign of car model or manufacturer who time everything with warranty and the car breaks more than often as soon as the warranty period runs out. Secondly, bad resale could be because of expensive parts or difficult to work mechanics. Do bit more research on these pointers or wait for someone more knowledgable here to advise.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

I have had 2 5.7 Hemi Jeep Commander. A 2006 model which was under warranty which was an absolute amazing ride and loved it, but sold it as soon as warranty got over. The second was a 2008 model which was out of warranty and paid through my nose for the repairs and it never had a trouble free day. I would recommend to pay a little extra to get something newer under warranty. But be prepared to loose a lot of money and time when you want to sell it again as very few people willing to buy these.

• Haha (+1) 1

@J JOSE - Durango RT's are powerful, performance mid sized SUV ;) I personally love all the Hemi engines !!

Buy it if you like it and want to stand out 😎 from the Japanese and Koreans !

Spare parts costs, resale value should be all secondary as I'm sure the pre owned Durango RT will offer the best in its segment, In my knowledge I don't see any competitors for the Durango RT 5.7 Hemi as the new Ford explorers, Mazda CX9's etc. competes with a V6 engine, so not sure if the RT is even comparable in performance but you can also consider few other options in the segment considering the seat comfort, luxury etc.

however, I agree with the above comments, especially @Rahimdad : "pay a little extra to get something newer under warranty"

Good Luck !!

• Like (+1) 1