•  

Intermediate Night Drive - Sweihan - 13 June 2019

Emmanuel

As it's time to have an intermediate level drive, let's pay a visit to our beloved Sweihan, maybe the most thrilling dunes that can be found not too far from Dubai. After the last newbie-fewbie relaxed drives, the plan is simply to increase the pace and the altitude, and enjoy this amazing playground !

When: Thursday 13 June 2019

Meeting time: 10 PM sharp

Where: In order to earn time, we will meet directly at deflation point (exit from E16). 

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/VZRCeeQTKNaF9xZD8

Last petrol stations : 1. ADNOC Al-Hiyar (if you come from E66) https://goo.gl/maps/FU1LJn8bfaJ4AQXw5 ; 2. ADNOC Sweihan (if you come from E16, with a small detour) https://goo.gl/maps/kfRXapzVXqgp2F6E9

Level: Strictly intermediate and above

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance. Offroad lights highly recommended. 

Plan: Drive and enjoy till about 3-4 am. 

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn. 

Approximate finish time: 3:00 am

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 5

mmmmmmmmmm (contemplating)........... Would love to join in on this one, but my car should go to the workshop tomorrow for new front shocks and steering linkage, and some other small things...

If i confirm my maintenance then it might be very tight to get it back by Thursday...

If i postpone the maintenance i can join in but Sweihan is tricky terrain to take on with a car that needs this kind of maintenance :( 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

If this maintenance isn't super urgent, it can wait till Saturday. Sweihan is less tricky terrain as going up on big rolling dunes need engine power and confidence, than shocks or steering which is much needed in small technical dunes.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

If this maintenance isn't super urgent, it can wait till Saturday. Sweihan is less tricky terrain as going up on big rolling dunes need engine power and confidence, than shocks or steering which is much needed in small technical dunes.

Thanks buddy, i'll talk to my mechanic. He was more worried about the steering linkage. The front right shock sounds horrible now (hammering noise on every little speed bump).

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

18 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

I am most definitely having a sleep before driving back 😁

Nothing new

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use