•  

A tribute to my father and the industry which helped us grow

shadow79

It's a great tribute to your father and to the mechanic or workshop owners who literally bring smile and satisfaction to every car owners with their magical hands. It's a very dependable profession who help car owners when they are distress, fix their cars to perfection (only professionals) which in turn take care of the car owner and their family.

Car repair or maintenance industry is highly underestimated here with the influx of cheap and replaceable labour, that leaves them without any actual appreciation - most of the time. Instead, people fight to cut every single dirham from poor man bill and happily get themselves ripped at the dealership.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Big love to all our fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and all the people who taught us what we know. 

My father started his life as a mechanic too but progressed to running the garage after a couple of years, long before I was even a sperm or a dirty thought in his mind. 

I grew up in the mountains in Ireland. If you weren’t into football, there wasn’t much else to do. And I hated football. So I got into cars. Scrap cars were cheap so I used to buy what I could afford and race it round the fields until it died. My father showed me how to repair them. We built a few go karts together and he taught me about engineering and fabricating custom parts. These days he’s more likely to call me and ask me about computer diagnostics for his car, but without that man, I would have never got to the level where I am now. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use