Jump to content

Adnoc oil change | Best car battery | Best engine oil | Best fuel efficient cars | Best resale value cars | Car detailing | Dubai police fines discount | Salik recharge | Tasjeel comprehensive test |
P0335 | P0170 | P0299 | P200A | P2237 | P2056 | P2251 | P2271 | P2231 | P2253 | P2425 | P0690 | P2253

Sign in to follow this  
Emmanuel

Buying a car from auctions in UAE: good or bad idea?

Recommended Posts

Avoid until you are 110% sure about the condition of the car you are bidding on. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Avoid until you are 110% sure about the condition of the car you are bidding on. 

And it's 110% sure that you can never get the full details of an auction car. So simply leave it.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed 110%😀

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the who point of an auction its a little bit of a gamble and people who know their cars well can get a deal where one guy might think a cars a gone case and not worth it the other knows it wont take much to bring it back and gets a deal.

Otherwise it wouldn't be called an auction but rather a used car sales lot

  • Like 4
  • Totally Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I have decent experience to discuss this topic as I did few deal of buying the cars like hobby bisi in Emirates auction and I feel it’s a bit cheaper and what I understand from that is there are cars from the banks, court, police and from garages (who repair the accident vehicles) and so on... yes comparatively cheaper with market prices from used car markets and websites like dubizle, but the thing is we have to be smart enough to chose the right car to bid and win. It’s like a guess and proper inspection at the auction (as Emirates auction allows to check the car in start condition) you can select the cars and go to the auction center and surrender the Emirates ID and collect up to 5 keys and those can be checked and we can make our mind for the right choice and come home and start bidding only on the end time just before 5 mins, and if we have to fix the price for the car with all other charges and if worth to bid can continue else just forget and look for other cars, in terms of documents when u choose the vehicle check the terms and condition before as there are documents clearance upon payment and some will be have issues like court and other formalities which usually take more time

  • Like 5
  • Well Done 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Praveenmp said:

I think I have decent experience to discuss this topic as I did few deal of buying the cars like hobby bisi in Emirates auction and I feel it’s a bit cheaper and what I understand from that is there are cars from the banks, court, police and from garages (who repair the accident vehicles) and so on... yes comparatively cheaper with market prices from used car markets and websites like dubizle, but the thing is we have to be smart enough to chose the right car to bid and win. It’s like a guess and proper inspection at the auction (as Emirates auction allows to check the car in start condition) you can select the cars and go to the auction center and surrender the Emirates ID and collect up to 5 keys and those can be checked and we can make our mind for the right choice and come home and start bidding only on the end time just before 5 mins, and if we have to fix the price for the car with all other charges and if worth to bid can continue else just forget and look for other cars, in terms of documents when u choose the vehicle check the terms and condition before as there are documents clearance upon payment and some will be have issues like court and other formalities which usually take more time

Good stuff, from my understanding it is a bit of a runa round tp get papers from the court.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless you got a tool box and diving head first in it you won't find anything suspicious there have been cases where a major impacted car is done in hurry only to have a light hit somewhere else on the body so the value comes up and unsuspecting people getting trapped...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, desertdude said:

Good stuff, from my understanding it is a bit of a runa round tp get papers from the court.

Ya true there will be waiting time for around 2 months and above for that it’s better to chose the car which doc are readily available, and the most importantly u need to keep some budget for onroad readiness  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shadow79 said:

Unless you got a tool box and diving head first in it you won't find anything suspicious there have been cases where a major impacted car is done in hurry only to have a light hit somewhere else on the body so the value comes up and unsuspecting people getting trapped...

True. I’ve bought so many cars at auction in Ireland. The cars are driven through so at least you know they are running. I remember buying a Renault Clio at an auction once. I knew my cousin was looking for one so I took a chance, it was super cheap, so I bought the car and stuck in on a trailer and brought it to her, cash up front, didn’t even charge profit, big mistake. She drove like 3 miles and it overheated. I ended up buying a new engine and fitting it for free because family. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. You can either win big or lose big. That’s the fun of the game. It’s like betting on horses. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use