•  
Advertise here

New interesting tire tech

G.huz

hehe, i have a google search open with videos, just checking things out :) i even checked how they repair the thing.

it's been there for ages, really strange, only now they're thinking of going to the public with it.

• Like (+1) 1

Lot of things comes from defense and space research mostly because they have huge budgets and dont need to show a profit like other companies.Even something as mundane and everyday thing like velcro was invented by NASA. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

Just now, desertdude said:

Lot of things comes from defense and space research mostly because they have huge budgets and dont need to show a profit like other companies.Even something as mundane and everyday thing like velcro was invented by NASA. 

...to hold things down in the Space Shuttle, and like everything else developed for the space program, it probably cost millions of dollars to design, develop, and test.  

Edited by treks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, treks said:

...to hold things down in the Space Shuttle, and like everything else developed for the space program, it probably cost millions of dollars to design, develop, and test.  

Yes, defense and space is the only place millions can be spent with no questions asked, sorta anyways. I might be not be right but I think driverless cars and drones all initiated from defense research . Most of the advances in flight we have made started in defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

47 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

I heard there is a drill machine which they developed for 40 million and only to used in outer space...

You're probably talking about the drill on board the Mars rover which cost 2.5 billion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2