•  
Advertise here

New interesting tire tech

G.huz

we might see these tires in early 2024, I wonder what happens when you steer left and right and you get sort of an angle, am guessing it would bend from that side only... Less needs for balancing and alignment I guess hehe

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 2

2 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Nice tech, thanks for sharing.

My concern, how do we deflate them?

LOL... good question

another thing, since we're talking off roading... i guess this mean no pop outs, but sand is already everywhere lol

• Like (+1) 1

WOW, look at this one... You only change the tread, it's like a cover

Now am all over the place checking this... Pretty cool

Notice the little off road bit put in there, it's another technology, but small idea, they didn't need to deflate :)

I need to find that bit now :)

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

I saw this way bay back when I used to actually buy a hardcopy of Popular Mechanics magazine. Developed by DARPA for the military I think. Michelin just put sidewalls on it to look like a regular tyre.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I saw this way bay back when I used to actually buy a hardcopy of Popular Mechanics magazine. Developed by DARPA for the military I think. Michelin just put sidewalls on it to look like a regular tyre.

yes, i started looking for other videos, i spent my lunch break on this hehe... military used them, and saw a video of light machinery trucks using them

very cool stuff

8 hours ago, syedyaseer said:

May be tire will have some kind of mechanism to adjust according to the road conditions

it does, when it's on hard surface, like rock crawling for example, might be perfect, i saw a video (but i didn't want to bore you guys with loads of videos and my enthusiasm toward this)

for desert and dune bashing, i don't know, since you kind of deflate for maximum grip, right?

• Like (+1) 2

Nice video and don't think you are boring anyone. I myself watching several ones now uptis and tweel is same..?

Seems they have been used on military stuff for 15 years, so what's the hold up to make them available to the public: Speed, price, durability......?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.