•  
Advertise here

Wadi Sena - Good Combination of Beauty of Mountains and Off roading

Thanks Chirag and Gaurav. The time is short to do a recce now but that you for your offer. Will take this up in our future trips. But will be guided by your advice. There will be 2-3 cars but none of us are very experienced off roads to we do not plan to go very high up just heat so will cam closer to the base. Any ideas on that?

Also.. can I do camping and off-roading till April? Does the weather permit?

• Like (+1) 2

You can do off-roading here through out the year. When summer kicks in June - Sep/Oct we switch to night drives and they are equally fun, exciting and relaxing to break from hectic schedule.

Same goes for camping too, that nights are quite cooler in desert that you can easily plan bbq and camping session.

Do share your wadi sena experience and feedback, whenever you make it.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks Gaurav.  Greatly appreciate.  will definitely post the experience.  Once I get on the off road track., how far do I need to go in order to find a decent spot to camp?  As i mentioned above we do not want to go too deep or high as of now.

• Like (+1) 1

Go as far or as top as you are comfortable of doing a U turn and come back. Record the track so you can come back safely to tarmac. If any of the vehicle hear the bottom scraping noise, mark that as a limit and find a sweet spot near that area.

Rocks and mountains usually mark there strength with rough and narrow path to climb up, if vehicles are stock (not lifted) then you got to take mountain offroad with a pinch of salt.

Advice all drivers to hold steering with both hands and thumb position outside the steering wheel. Deflate to 25 PSI to have better traction on loose boulders as 35 PSI will spin tires faster. Carry warm clothing as on mountain it does get 5-10 degrees more cooler than city.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Asoke Sen said:

Thanks Chirag and Gaurav. The time is short to do a recce now but that you for your offer. Will take this up in our future trips. But will be guided by your advice. There will be 2-3 cars but none of us are very experienced off roads to we do not plan to go very high up just heat so will cam closer to the base. Any ideas on that?

Also.. can I do camping and off-roading till April? Does the weather permit?

I went during summer. But temperature once climb up was pleasant. Lots of wind and beautiful scenery. I think, you can visit place as your convenience. I went there first time and alone. I would recommend to drive carefully and during day time only. Your car with lower gear will be a good advantage while drive downward slope. Its good place for trekking as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On Wikiloc you will find many hiking trails in Wadi Sena. I also found a few offroad drive tracks:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DU0dIVAXZWAc0ELSeBoxKYhwD_DV9Gz0&usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xQ1Zvy1BKJNTDkgfNZfWYwqiB9WW5DNY&usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13UGjCLNTEhjareoRr3Smzfg_XzeQQvLf&usp=sharing

Note: I have not driven or tried these. Just got them through Wikiloc. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 hours ago, Asoke Sen said:

Hi Chirag and Gaurav.. how far can a sedan go in Wadi Sena?  One of my friends has a sedan.  Although have suggested that he park at the base of the Wadi and hop into any of our cars.

Hello Ashok,

As per my view, you can bring sedan till bottom of Mountain / starting point of Wadi Sena. As there is no dedicated parking plot but you can park on some safe place nearby starting point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Going to wadi and mountain in a sedan is a very risky unless mountain has a tarmac road like jabal jais or jabal hafeet.

I have taken my wifey trail blazer once, which is proper 4x4 but suffering from low ground clearance. After 3 incident of underbody scrapping, we returned back from half way climb. I presume sedan will return in first 5-10% path.

• Like (+1) 2