•  
Advertise here

Wadi Sena - Good Combination of Beauty of Mountains and Off roading

Hi, 

Just wish to share my drive experience with Wadi lovers. I hope you'll share other good wadi options too. 

It was good off road driving with almost one way road for mountain climbing. Good option for trekking and night camping preferably with two-three families. 

https://goo.gl/maps/Pwb2SgFLtSsuvGSLA

Thanks. Have a nice weekend!!

Wadi_Sena[1].jpg

Wadi_Sena_2[1].jpg

Edited by Chirag S.
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Well done Chirag for sharing this hidden gem, I have never heard about Wadi Sena before.

Few questions:

• Is road to Mountain is tarmac or unpaved?
  • What is the level of driving in this wadi - can newbie drive in this area with little caution?
  • Was there any water present, if you been there recently?
  • Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Well done Chirag for sharing this hidden gem, I have never heard about Wadi Sena before.

Few questions:

• Is road to Mountain is tarmac or unpaved?
  • What is the level of driving in this wadi - can newbie drive in this area with little caution?
  • Was there any water present, if you been there recently?

Thanks for your appreciation. It was nice place but unpaved road. Newbie can drive with proper caution and avoid taking risk. Personally, would not preferred to drive at night. No water, I can see in that area.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks, Chirag, can you please share the endpoint coordinates or the track/route you have taken.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Thanks, Chirag, can you please share the endpoint coordinates or the track/route you have taken.

Unfortunately I didn’t save. But link of location MAP is the only details I have. After crossing wadi Sena, you will enter in wadi sidr. Place is quite and peaceful but dry.  Definitely loved by Off roader and ideal for outing.

There is no indicator where to start climbing, when you’ll reach at destination as per location map. You can ask local residents or take me😀

• Like (+1) 1

HAHAHAH, I will def take u and that too in the middle of the night.

Or else, at least mark the rough direction by hand in google maps like this.

I want to explore and build good wadi collection for coming season, that's why I'm insisting

image.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gaurav said:

HAHAHAH, I will def take u and that too in the middle of the night.

Or else, at least mark the rough direction by hand in google maps like this.

I want to explore and build good wadi collection for coming season, that's why I'm insisting

image.png

I know I will have same enjoying ride at mid night too. 😀 I have tried to make correct path. Pl check.

Screenshot_20190613-235716_Maps.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

• 7 months later...

Hello Chirag,

Hope you are well.  Since you have been to Wadi Sena, would greatly appreciate your suggestions.

We are planning to go here for a day long camping.  The Google Map location takes me to a small settlement with few houses around.  Is there any place which is more secluded

The below pic is what I see as per google maps.

Anything else we need to be careful of?  Thanks so much

image.png

• Like (+1) 3

Hello Ashok,

Sorry for late reply. Google map will take you till the bottom of the Wadi Sena.  Once you will reach there, you may not find any indicator for Wadi Sena. It's better to approach local resident for starting point just nearby google point.

I hope you went to wadi's before. Since, it’s not all tarmac may require typical off road experience at the time of climb and back. You should have good engine to support you especially while coming back. Pl avoid to drive in early morning or evening.

It is very beautiful point once reach and this is best time as well. No washroom, groceries, basic amenities once reach top. Pl bring water, food etc. Once reach, very beautiful Mother Nature throughout drive till Wadi Seder.

if you want, any further details, pl let me know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm actually game to do a recce trip, as its been long time we have done mountain drive here.

@Asoke Sen if you want to go before your planned date, just to explore the area and see if it fits your camping criteria, I can accompany you.

Thanks @Chirag S. for the heads up and finding this place.

• Like (+1) 2