•  

Newbie & Fewbie Drive - Pink Rock - 20 Jun 2019

Gaurav

As the summer heat is in full form, our night drive is the only escape to enjoy the good breeze and pleasant weather in the desert (fingers crossed). This time we are heading to our much-loved sandbox of Pink Rock in Tawi Nazwa area. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might continue to Bidayer, if not then we will end at 2nd Dec cafeteria for easy exit.

This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste.

Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.

When: 20 June 2019, Thursday

Meeting time: 10 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 10:15 PM

Where: Tawi Nazwa Shops

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/4U9z5Q9HdesX3UU59

Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE.)

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.

Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 3 am and then break for snacks

What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 4:00 AM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

After initially having thought that the wobbly driving and clunking noise was only coming from my front shocks, now i found out that my right trailing arm bushing is completely gone. When letting go of the throttle the car wobbles from left to right like crazy, which probably means the rear axle is sitting loose for the moment 😤.

i will need to cancel out for this drive guys, I don’t want to take any risks and will leave the car at home until this is solved. Currently waiting for estimates on front shocks and trailer arm bushings but no update yet. 

@shadow79 I suppose you don’t have those parts available in Ajman ? 

My workshop is currently a bit overloaded and the owner is out of the country. 

9A6EA264-BA8A-4A41-8007-0E5A3D42AF42.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi  @MansourZ I saw your signup for today's drive, can you please share your offroad experience and which 4x4 you drive?

If you are absolute newbie in desert and this will be your first drive, then I will request you to wait for absolute newbie drive as night drives are not meant for absolute newbie experience.

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks to the fantastic service of @shadow79 and Jalil, all bushings are replaced and I’ll be joining in tonight !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Thanks to the fantastic service of @shadow79 and Jalil, all bushings are replaced and I’ll be joining in tonight !

That's awesome, see you soon.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use