•  
Advertise here

Fixing your own car

Frederic

With many people living in apartments or just lacking the space to do their own maintenance or fixes, I came across below site:

https://www.ufixit.ae/we-have-what-you-need/

They have a workshop located in DIP fully equipped with all tools to fix your own car. Price is per hour.

Please share your feedback, views, pros and cons.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It looks like a good idea but doing it yourself should be cheaper for you. When i change my oil there myself it will be expensive than the taking it to Ajman and ask for mechanic to change it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

For me driving from Sharjah to DIP is a long drive and back and the time, petrol and money spent is not worth it. I like the fact that 15 minutes drive to Ajman and @shadow79 would let me work on my car if I want to with the tools and his expert eyes on me and it would cost me much less.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

There used to be a guy who posted on here offering a service like that, I forget his name, maybe that’s him? Last garage I worked in I used to hire out lifts. Wasn’t a mega success but there were a few regulars who used to come and do their own thing. Maybe I should start it again. I’ve got 11 lifts and 2 motorcycle lifts so if anyone fancies doing their own work with a mechanic on standby, hit me up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Sure I will be happy to assist and lend the tools infact there are 2 person I know who come to my shop and do their own car work

one only does oil and filter change which we thought him how to do.

the other guy it depends on his mood sometimes he comes in a kandora and won't touch a thing and other times he will come in a short and banyan and be pulling out the engine or opening up the head he is a good technician

• Like (+1) 2