•  
Advertise here

New tires and Batteries

Need some expert advice for new set of tires for my Pajero 

- Shall i change all 4 ?

- Which brand (should be pocket friendly and durable)

Currently using Yokohama which has exhausted in 2 years of City drive 

I Drive mostly in city and dirt roads 

Also some good advice us batteries brand

Currently using Solite 70 amp

• Like (+1) 1

For tires I am a great fan of Yokohama Geolandars now for both on and off road use, but if it's mostly for highway use I would recommend Nitto Duragrapplers and Kumho Solus KL21 both user reviews available on Carnity. For battery once I have gone for Amaron I never changed to any other brand, costs slightly higher but last over 4 years for me every time.

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

For the tires you get multiple options. If you are on a budget go for the Koreans like Nexen and Kumho. You would get it at a price of about 300-350 per piece. I have used Nexen upto almost 90k kms and then got them changed.  Changing of 2 or 4 tyres depends on the conditions. Ideally advisable to change all 4 at the same time (plus you can rotate the tyres every 10000 km) but it's your call.

Regarding battery, stay away from ac Delco. Heard good reviews on Amaron and am currently in my first year of this battery.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 1

Ac Delco which is available here in UAE usually comes from a factory in Saudi Arabia they don't have much quality the one from us are really good they last 4 to 5 years but they don't have them here another good brand here which lasts but is limited to some sizes is amron and they age pretty well here even heard the company has raised the warranty period too but the shops here are still stuck with 6 month to a year warranty...

For tires if comfort is not much in your book only thinking of cheap then go for Chinese I have been using harmony for last 3 years and most of my movement is on the dirt roads of industrial areas

• Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 6:52 PM, Barry said:

Tyres I can't comment on but for batteries I only use Amaron in the 4 years I've been here and never had an issue with them.

Guys how many years usually your car battery remain working, in my case its like 1 year and couple of days. as they set it to expire exactly after the expiry date with couple of days i have notice this every year. @Barry

On 6/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, Rahimdad said:

For tires I am a great fan of Yokohama Geolandars now for both on and off road use, but if it's mostly for highway use I would recommend Nitto Duragrapplers and Kumho Solus KL21 both user reviews available on Carnity. For battery once I have gone for Amaron I never changed to any other brand, costs slightly higher but last over 4 years for me every time.

how much are the Amaron and where is there dealer in uae ? @Rahimdad

Edited by Michael sammy
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

Guys how many years usually your car battery remain working, in my case its like 1 year and couple of days. as they set it to expire exactly after the expiry date with couple of days i have notice this every year. @Barry

how much are the Amaron and where is there dealer in uae ? @Rahimdad

Most of the parts and accessories shops stock amaron. They come with 18 month warranty but I have seen them last for between 2-3 years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Mine became weak when I once forgot to turn the ignition off (thanks to keyless starting system) and went away later on in the evening when I returned back it was drained but after jump start it just wasn't the same as before and died within a months time after that incident but nonetheless it had run for 4 renewals...

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Michael sammy said:

how much are the Amaron and where is there dealer in uae ?

I am not sure about the prices. But you can contact this guy, Harry 0523102218. 

They deliver battery anywhere in Dubai. He sells exclusively Amaron batteries only. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1