•  
Advertise here

Steering box rebuild

Barry

Money isn’t an issue. If I told you what was spent on this car you would cry. You could probably go out and buy a new Lamborghini for what was spent on this build. There were only 1200 of these cars built and there are less than 100 left. The parts just aren’t out there and Mercedes aren’t interested in reproducing them in such a small quantity. I’ve asked. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bits and bobs are common among several platforms. Do a little research and you'll probably find that some mass produced shitty model also used the same steering box. 

Might even be in another brand name too if the box was made by a third party.

Like I found out my Oh so expensive blower motor for my old range rover was made by Valeo and new one which fits into some Scania truck is also the sae amd new is for 55dhs! 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, desertdude said:

Bits and bobs are common among several platforms. Do a little research and you'll probably find that some mass produced shitty model also used the same steering box. 

Might even be in another brand name too if the box was made by a third party.

Like I found out my Oh so expensive blower motor for my old range rover was made by Valeo and new one which fits into some Scania truck is also the sae amd new is for 55dhs! 

I agree. @Barry will probably find that at least half a dozen other Mercedes models have used the same box for donkey's years. 

• Like (+1) 1