•  
Advertise here

Shifting issue from 1 to 2

28 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Huh!!! Explain to me how having two diffs on the front end would work? Two independent prop shafts coming from the x-case for each or something I don't see the point or any advantage of that or ......

Sure you mean diffs and not something like portal axels or something???.

It’s a super wide transfer case with 2 propshafts running to the front. Both front wheels have their own differentials and their own independent suspension setup. I don’t know how to explain it simpler, my brain was melted first time I seen it too. It’s not portal axles or floating axles, it’s something you have never seen before. You’re welcome to come and see it or wait a couple of days and I’ll post pictures. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Barry said:

It’s a super wide transfer case with 2 propshafts running to the front. Both front wheels have their own differentials and their own independent suspension setup. I don’t know how to explain it simpler, my brain was melted first time I seen it too. It’s not portal axles or floating axles, it’s something you have never seen before. You’re welcome to come and see it or wait a couple of days and I’ll post pictures. 

Well to be honest if running two props to each wheel at the front,I don't seen any point or advantage over a single front end with a lockable diff. Impact nothing but disadvantages.

Unless its just done for show and bragging rights. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Well to be honest if running two props to each wheel at the front,I don't seen any point or advantage over a single front end with a lockable diff. Impact nothing but disadvantages.

Unless its just done for show and bragging rights. 

I’m not arguing advantages or disadvantages. I’m just saying it has been done. Maybe it’s a rock crawling thing, I don’t know. Just wait, I will show you. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

I’m not arguing advantages or disadvantages. I’m just saying it has been done. Maybe it’s a rock crawling thing, I don’t know. Just wait, I will show you. 

Rock crawling in the UAE like bringing a knife to a gun fight. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, desertdude said:

Not your fault, you are not familiar with the dealers here. There is no such thing as repair in their vocabulary. It's only replace. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if they say the whole trans has to he replaced at a price which probably exceeds the price the vehicle was bought at.

I take your point on this...

• Like (+1) 1

@desertdude

https://filesend.jp/spJvip

Sorry for the link but I can’t post pics for some reason. I can’t post too many pics or it will spoil the big reveal when it’s finished but you should be able to see 2 diffs in the front on independent suspension. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yup pretty much what I was expecting, just for bragging rights as the ground clearance is worse than a regular setup with more of an exposed softbelly with those droopy twin shafts just waiting to get smacked on a rock and breaking.

But thanks for the pic!

• Like (+1) 1

Yeah, it’s not everyone who can say they have 2 front diffs. But this setup was chosen because it’s supposedly the strongest setup GM ever built. I don’t know. I build race cars. This 4x4 stuff is still new to me. I’ll try to get some more information on it. I was told all the tech specs a couple of months ago but most of it went in one ear and out the other, I was just too mindblown to listen. I have too much stuff I’m supposed to remember. If I didn’t write it all down in my diary so I could check back I’d be chevered. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Barry said:

Yeah, it’s not everyone who can say they have 2 front diffs. But this setup was chosen because it’s supposedly the strongest setup GM ever built. I don’t know. I build race cars. This 4x4 stuff is still new to me. I’ll try to get some more information on it. I was told all the tech specs a couple of months ago but most of it went in one ear and out the other, I was just too mindblown to listen. I have too much stuff I’m supposed to remember. If I didn’t write it all down in my diary so I could check back I’d be chevered. 

The whole deal with off roading is to have as much ground clearance as possible and specially when it comes to rock crawling to protect the underbelly and exposed parts specially engine and trans pans and diffs. And have less things sticking out of the bottom to get hung up on. Good well thought out 4x4s have both their diffs in the same line front and back and to one side so if one needs to go over an obstacle like a rock in tye road they can go over it from the side where they know the diffs are not hanging down. This thing totally defeats the purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1