•  
Advertise here

Shifting issue from 1 to 2

43 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Although I do see a trend here. Staring with the newer jeep and working your down. Very soon you'll own a willys jeep.

Actually I want to get a 1998 5.9 ZJ Grand Cherokee. Than I can complete the all serie of Grand Cherokee. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The boys from Dirt Every Day have a new episode dedicated to the XJ, @sertac and @Srikumar you might like it:

Would love to go and check out these trails with these guys !!

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 5

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It has been 9 days by todar. Jeep is still with Hoorani Gearbox. They said rebuild already done but there are electrical issues they are trying to solve. Lets see how long it will take. This 1999 gearbox is 1 year production only(regarding the electronics, mechanically same all 42RE). If they used any electronic part belong to 2000 and above,  it will give issue. I guess this is the mistake they are making. Lets see.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, sertac said:

It has been 9 days by todar. Jeep is still with Hoorani Gearbox. They said rebuild already done but there are electrical issues they are trying to solve. Lets see how long it will take. This 1999 gearbox is 1 year production only(regarding the electronics, mechanically same all 42RE). If they used any electronic part belong to 2000 and above,  it will give issue. I guess this is the mistake they are making. Lets see.  

I hope you got a written quote with no hidden clauses?

By the way, we have a stretched and lifted ‘47 Willys at the shop if you want to prove your dedication to the brand 😂

• Haha (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Barry said:

I hope you got a written quote with no hidden clauses?

By the way, we have a stretched and lifted ‘47 Willys at the shop if you want to prove your dedication to the brand 😂

They sent me a text message for quote. They said this is the price for work should we proceed and i said approved. Than after 2 days they called me again and they said my engine and transmission mounts are bad. I already knew about it and the price they gave me was reasonable and i told them approved. So this is all i have as quotation. They are not doing any work without approval to avoid any rejection later. 

For Willys i would like to visit the shop and see it. Also i would like to meet with mr Tarhan.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, sertac said:

They sent me a text message for quote. They said this is the price for work should we proceed and i said approved. Than after 2 days they called me again and they said my engine and transmission mounts are bad. I already knew about it and the price they gave me was reasonable and i told them approved. So this is all i have as quotation. They are not doing any work without approval to avoid any rejection later. 

For Willys i would like to visit the shop and see it. Also i would like to meet with mr Tarhan.  

Good. As long as you need prior approval, that’s important. I’d hate to see you get screwed. 

Tarhan is in Istanbul now. He left maybe 6 weeks ago. I still speak to him every day but he hasn’t said when he’s coming back. I think he’s just enjoying the weather there and being with family now. Maybe after summer he’ll come back to Dubai, I don’t know. You’re still welcome to come and visit the shop any time. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Barry said:

Good. As long as you need prior approval, that’s important. I’d hate to see you get screwed. 

Tarhan is in Istanbul now. He left maybe 6 weeks ago. I still speak to him every day but he hasn’t said when he’s coming back. I think he’s just enjoying the weather there and being with family now. Maybe after summer he’ll come back to Dubai, I don’t know. You’re still welcome to come and visit the shop any time. 

If they ask tones of money, i will tell them just keep the car i dont need it. But i dont think they will ask anything more. 

• Like (+1) 2