•  
Advertise here

Shifting issue from 1 to 2

18 minutes ago, treks said:

I would not start replacing solenoids just yet. P1595 means that there are issues present in one or more circuits (as opposed to failing solenoids). However, finding this issue is PITA on Jeeps and many Chrysler products, since it involves testing the brake light circuit, and dedicated circuits between the solenoids and the PCM. To do this you need Jeep/Chrysler specific scan tool that has the ability to activate each suspect solenoid individually.

If @Barry has the time, I suggest you have him do this, or if he does not have the time, to take the vehicle to the dealer. These circuits have to be tested in a particular order of steps, and if you get this order wrong, you can spend days looking for the fault and never find it. Good luck!   

You are right it is very nasty fault as i see. Tones of thing might cause it. Currently i am almost loosing my mind with reading forums. Is it this, is it that.

By the way @Barry are you working as mechanic? I was thinking you guys just doing crazy show car stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

It's not always change there is repair also here in the market but it always depends on the durability and customers budget... diagnosis is not limited to hooking up a scan tools and retrieving codes there are wirings to be checked, live data to be viewed and many other aspects only after that it's decided what to do about it...you have to make time and drop the car for a good old check-up...

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, treks said:

I would not start replacing solenoids just yet. P1595 means that there are issues present in one or more circuits (as opposed to failing solenoids). However, finding this issue is PITA on Jeeps and many Chrysler products, since it involves testing the brake light circuit, and dedicated circuits between the solenoids and the PCM. To do this you need Jeep/Chrysler specific scan tool that has the ability to activate each suspect solenoid individually.

If @Barry has the time, I suggest you have him do this, or if he does not have the time, to take the vehicle to the dealer. These circuits have to be tested in a particular order of steps, and if you get this order wrong, you can spend days looking for the fault and never find it. Good luck!   

Not your fault, you are not familiar with the dealers here. There is no such thing as repair in their vocabulary. It's only replace. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if they say the whole trans has to he replaced at a price which probably exceeds the price the vehicle was bought at.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Not your fault, you are not familiar with the dealers here. There is no such thing as repair in their vocabulary. It's only replace. 

I wouldn't be too surprised if they say the whole trans has to he replaced at a price which probably exceeds the price the vehicle was bought at.

When you consider the price i bought it yes it just not worth it to change. Better to drive until it dies and throw it to scrapyard. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, sertac said:

When you consider the price i bought it yes it just not worth it to change. Better to drive until it dies and throw it to scrapyard. 

Or flush and refill the ATF which might actually get some crud out of the way ans improve the situation

• Like (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Or flush and refill the ATF which might actually get some crud out of the way ans improve the situation

As soon as i get the seals i need i will change it. Already oil and filter waiting in trunk. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, sertac said:

By the way @Barry are you working as mechanic? I was thinking you guys just doing crazy show car stuff. 

Yes I still like to get my hands dirty. Car shows is only part of it. We still have to repair cars to pay for all the crazy builds we do. You should drop into the shop some day and have a look. I know you like jeeps. We’re building a stupid crazy SWB wrangler rock crawler at the minute. Small block Chevy, lengthened and widened chassis, 48” tyres, air ride suspension, 3 differentials, yes 3, each front wheel has its own differential. If you’re into engineering the front suspension setup will blow your mind. Stupid crazy car. 

• WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

35 minutes ago, Barry said:

Yes I still like to get my hands dirty. Car shows is only part of it. We still have to repair cars to pay for all the crazy builds we do. You should drop into the shop some day and have a look. I know you like jeeps. We’re building a stupid crazy SWB wrangler rock crawler at the minute. Small block Chevy, lengthened and widened chassis, 48” tyres, air ride suspension, 3 differentials, yes 3, each front wheel has its own differential. If you’re into engineering the front suspension setup will blow your mind. Stupid crazy car. 

I'm sure you meant to say front, center and rear diff. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, desertdude said:

I'm sure you meant to say front, center and rear diff. 

No, each front wheel actually has it’s own separate differential. Would I lie to you? 😂

Huge transfer box with 2 props running to the front. It’s a super rare weird setup from a GM panel van that was only built for 2 years. Our USA friends like this setup because it’s supposed the strongest setup GM ever built. 

I’m going to Oman tomorrow but I’ll post some pics when I get back. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Barry said:

No, each front wheel actually has it’s own separate differential. Would I lie to you? 😂

Huge transfer box with 2 props running to the front. It’s a super rare weird setup from a GM panel van that was only built for 2 years. Our USA friends like this setup because it’s supposed the strongest setup GM ever built. 

I’m going to Oman tomorrow but I’ll post some pics when I get back. 

Huh!!! Explain to me how having two diffs on the front end would work? Two independent prop shafts coming from the x-case for each or something I don't see the point or any advantage of that or ......

Sure you mean diffs and not something like portal axels or something???.

• Like (+1) 1