•  
Advertise here

How do I stop my roof rack from whistling?

Chirag S.

16 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

@Chirag S. I had installed a TRD light weight roof rack on my FJ2 which did not increase the noise heavily, The noise was always there from the front windshield and the side mirrors on the FJ cruisers when you speed on the highways.

So the reason maybe they gave a powerful JBL entertainment system, :P !!

@MATHEW FELEX Nice one!!

• Like (+1) 1

@Chirag S. have a look at the below video. You will need do something similar for your roof rack to reduce the noise. The other option which is easier is to get a custom made cover, and just close it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Well I would wait until you install your RTT and then see the nose levels. If you get a spoiler now and get a RTT then you might have more noise and then need further work

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Javier M said:

It's better if you can buy a prefabricated part before looking to get it fabricated as it may be cheaper.

Hi Javier, I believe what you mentioned as prefabricated part would be the stock FJ air dam that's available as an additional accessory for the TRD roof rack, Not sure if those are available here in the UAE market as I have seen them only on the US spec FJ's but several roof racks are available in different weights and designs for the FJ's locally.

@Chirag S. guess an online purchase would do if its cheaper than the fabrication ;) but for sure it would be a perfect fit than the fabricated ones - Good Luck !

• Thanks (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MATHEW FELEX said:

Hi Javier, I believe what you mentioned as prefabricated part would be the stock FJ air dam that's available as an additional accessory for the TRD roof rack, Not sure if those are available here in the UAE market as I have seen them only on the US spec FJ's but several roof racks are available in different weights and designs for the FJ's locally.

@Chirag S. guess an online purchase would do if its cheaper than the fabrication ;) but for sure it would be a perfect fit than the fabricated ones - Good Luck !

@MATHEW FELEX Big thanks for your concern. I will do it!!

• Like (+1) 1