•  
Advertise here

What's the Cost of Buying a New Car vs Used Car?

Jeh

What's the Cost of Buying a New Car vs Used Car?

Does this rule apply for UAE cars as well? ]

If not which points to be considered when it comes to GCC cars.

• Like (+1) 3

This holds true anywhere in the world. Thus a more reliable ride will cost you more compared to a less reliable one. Example a Toyota Prado 2004 model might be selling between 30k - 40k where as a Ford Explorer of the dame model will sell below 10k. This is because the Toyota is more reliable and generally needs only periodic services, whereas an Explorer needs more repairs thus increasing the cost of ownership. Buying secondhand also means taking on somebody else's problems and you can never be sure, although a proper inspection might help your cause.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

This holds true anywhere in the world. Thus a more reliable ride will cost you more compared to a less reliable one. Example a Toyota Prado 2004 model might be selling between 30k - 40k where as a Ford Explorer of the dame model will sell below 10k. This is because the Toyota is more reliable and generally needs only periodic services, whereas an Explorer needs more repairs thus increasing the cost of ownership. Buying secondhand also means taking on somebody else's problems and you can never be sure, although a proper inspection might help your cause.

@Rahimdad rightly said. While trade in my previous car purchased from famous used car dealer in Dubai, dealers reduced 10K straight away than market price on hearing used car dealer name. When I tried to re-sell the same car to the same dealer within purchasing of 5 months, was offering 63% less than price of sold. This mathematics are beyond my imagination.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chirag S. said:

@Rahimdad rightly said. While trade in my previous car purchased from famous used car dealer in Dubai, dealers reduced 10K straight away than market price on hearing used car dealer name. When I tried to re-sell the same car to the same dealer within purchasing of 5 months, was offering 63% less than price of sold. This mathematics are beyond my imagination.  

Which car and dealer name please!!!

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Chirag S. said:

KIA MOHAVE TOP END and dealer is well known in used car nearby Dubai Festival City (I don't know implication of quoting name in this country but name is famous).

Oops. Ok. Car was under warranty or not? 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, syedyaseer said:

Strange! usually under warranty car would give your decent resale.

That is what I thought too. After purchasing that used car under warranty, while trade in with other agency, valuation guy personally informed that car seems accident history. I think, this fact was intentionally hide by used car dealer executive.

Also, the same car was under scheme of free insurance and benefit was not passed to me as well. This fact was conveyed by their teammate during trying to resale the same car to them. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use